Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Pro-life dry cleaner puts anti-abortion message on wire coathangers----how ironic

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:45 PM
  • 15 Replies

Dec 11, 2012 2:20 PM 25,717 242

Pro-Life Dry Cleaner Puts Anti-Abortion Message on Coat Hangers

Pro-Life Dry Cleaner Puts Anti-Abortion Message on Coat HangersSure, why not? When you're an avid supporter of legislation that drives women to perform violent surgery on their own uteruses using wire coat hangers, what better place to spread your scribbly-crayon-font message of love than on those very same coat hangers? Killer plan. Know your audience, guys!

That's the messaging strategy employed by Cincinnati's Springdale Cleaners, who hate abortion so much that they've been printing "Choose Life!" on their wire dry cleaning hangers for a couple of years now. Pro tip from Springdale, ladies-if you "choose life" and refrain from threading this wire hanger through your cervix, nine months later a soft-focus baby will come out!!! It's gonna be grrrrrrrrrrreat!

What's worse is that this seems to be an ongoing effort. Reports of the "choose life" coat hangers already were on the internet back in March of 2011, when Joe.My.God posted a picture of the hanger then. And before that on Regretsy in 2010. So despite over two years of attention, the business continues to think this is an excellent cross-advertising campaign. In fact, the practice was losing them customers as far back as August of 2010, but still the dry-cleaner continues to use hangers as a place to offer inappropriate propaganda.

As NARAL Pro-Choice Wisconsin said on Facebook, it's a reminder of why we will never let them make us go back.

Printing a pro-life message on a wire coat hanger is so on-the-nose, it seems to betray a callous awareness of and disregard for the consequences of a pro-life agenda. If you really gave so much of a shit about women's lives (choosing "life" includes women too, right?), why not print your coat hangers with messages about birth control and better social programs and anti-abstinence education? Oh, what's that? You don't actually give a shit about women's lives? Right, then.

Worst Marketing Decision Ever: Drycleaner Puts "Pro-life" Message on Their Hangers [RHRealityCheck]

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

that's the best place for that kind of advertisment... o.O

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Pure class.

momtimesx4
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:15 PM

LOL

yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:16 PM

I have seen covers similar to these before.  I used to own a dry cleaners and received a catalog with all kinds of hanger covers.  His freedom of speech, his dry cleaners...his business.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Quoting yourspecialkid:

I have seen covers similar to these before.  I used to own a dry cleaners and received a catalog with all kinds of hanger covers.  His freedom of speech, his dry cleaners...his business.

no one is saying he can't use them... 

however, we can think it is a completely stupid way to advertise for pro life stuff

ashellbell
by shellbark on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this
This still has me laughing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
maciymommieof3
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I know right!

Quoting momtimesx4:

LOL

yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting yourspecialkid:

no one is saying he can't use them... 

however, we can think it is a completely stupid way to advertise for pro life stuff

I reread my answer and can't seem to find where I said you weren't allowed to think what you like.  I also didn't see where I said or implied that anyone said he can't use them.  I merely gave my opinion.

olivejuice2
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:23 PM
That is fantastic. I love irony.
maciymommieof3
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:34 PM

right          me too

Quoting olivejuice2:

That is fantastic. I love irony.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN