Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Would you even take the time to respond to this?

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:10 PM
  • 33 Replies

Just another FB meme. The thing that bothers me, it is posted by otherwise knowledgable people.

Would you try to explain to them that a child can bring a bible to school, but the school cannot endorse it or teach from it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
_Kissy_
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:14 PM
4 moms liked this

I think people know it, they just choose to ignore it and rile up people. I counter attacked that meme with this one

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Only if it is someone you won't mind losing contact with on FaceBook. It seems like the people willing to believe something like that are the same people who won't listen to reason or logic.

I imagine anyone (Christians included) understand that kids can bring Bibles to school and can read them (During their free time there).

The people willing to post something like that most likely won't care about reason or reality. 

doomshroom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:17 PM
It's been all over my feed. I've been ignoring it. people who post stuff like that think morality only comes from the bible. there's no shaking them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:28 PM
You are a fabulous source of knowledge!

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting Stephanie329:

Would you try to explain to them that a child can bring a bible to school, but the school cannot endorse it or teach from it?

No.   What I'd do it point them at:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AliKatCam
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this

There was a unicorn? I should read that book

Quoting _Kissy_:

I think people know it, they just choose to ignore it and rile up people. I counter attacked that meme with this one

JacksMom1221
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't respond to religious pics or posts. I may or may not agree, but that is how my friend feels and I respect their right to their opinion. I'm not going to argue and look silly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:36 PM
It's unfortunate that she's making herself look silly.

Well, I did point out that children are actually free to read bibles in school. That's not an argument.

Ah well, like a PP stated, many know these things they are posting aren't true, but can't help themselves.

Quoting JacksMom1221:

I don't respond to religious pics or posts. I may or may not agree, but that is how my friend feels and I respect their right to their opinion. I'm not going to argue and look silly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Bibles control behaviors? LOL!

_Kissy_
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Job 39:9-12

King James Version (KJV)

Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib?

10 Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?

11 Wilt thou trust him, because his strength is great? or wilt thou leave thy labour to him?

12 Wilt thou believe him, that he will bring home thy seed, and gather it into thy barn?

Quoting AliKatCam:

There was a unicorn? I should read that book

Quoting _Kissy_:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)