Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

12 tips on How to bottle nurse a baby. You don't have to breastfeed to bond.

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you think these tips are helpful to new moms? Did you bottle feed your baby this way

Options:

I think they're helpful but I didn't bottle feed my baby that way.

Yes, I think they're great tips and I fed my baby that way.

I think the tips are irrelevent. I have/had no interest in making my bottle feeding experiance more like breastfeeding.

I breastfed but wanted to vote anyways :-)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 39

View Results

If you are not able to breastfeed, or if you are feeding your baby EBM (expressed breast milk) from a bottle, you can still recreate some of the bonding experience of breastfeeding by bottle-nursing. Other people can use this method with your baby if they are watching them for you, but it's best if you are your baby's primary source of milk, just as if you were breastfeeding
.Bottle Nurse a Baby

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Replies (11-20):
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:36 AM

When you bottle-feed in public, try the same things that breastfeeding mothers do: Find a quiet place, get comfortable, and even cover your shoulder and the baby with a blanket so they can have a nice, cozy, non-distracting environment to eat in.

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:37 AM

If you feel discouraged, remind yourself why you are doing this: To recreate the nursing experience for both you and your baby.

_Kissy_
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:38 AM
4 moms liked this

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:40 AM

rolling on floor

Quoting _Kissy_:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:55 AM

I really wish I knew these when I was formula feeding my dd :-(

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:01 AM
3 moms liked this
I did all of the above... Thought that was just "normal"...

Why does everyone need "instructions" nowadays. It's called Mother's Intuition... Natural Instincts...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:04 AM

It seems that women aren't as in tune with themselves and their babies as they could be. It was different back in the day when we birthed at home and had the support of female relatives. I know I learned bottle feeding from my mom. It's a miracle that my dd even survived LOL

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Why does everyone need "instructions" nowadays. It's called Mother's Intuition... Natural Instincts...

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:07 AM
1 mom liked this
LOL!

Honestly it just aggravates me nowadays that when a woman gets pregnant their friends tell them to "buy this book" and "read these articles"... I didnt read any of those "what to expect" books or any of that other nonsense. In my opinion, It's just people making money off of tellin moms what they already instinctually know.

I do get what you're saying...

Quoting paganbaby:

It seems that women aren't as in tune with themselves and their babies as they could be. It was different back in the day when we birthed at home and had the support of female relatives. I know I learned bottle feeding from my mom. It's a miracle that my dd even survived LOL

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Oh yeah. I read those books and was, I paid this much for common sense?? Rip off,lol.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

LOL!

Honestly it just aggravates me nowadays that when a woman gets pregnant their friends tell them to "buy this book" and "read these articles"... I didnt read any of those "what to expect" books or any of that other nonsense. In my opinion, It's just people making money off of tellin moms what they already instinctually know.

I do get what you're saying...

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

arigdon4
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:11 AM
Bump to read later
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN