Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

12 tips on How to bottle nurse a baby. You don't have to breastfeed to bond.

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you think these tips are helpful to new moms? Did you bottle feed your baby this way

Options:

I think they're helpful but I didn't bottle feed my baby that way.

Yes, I think they're great tips and I fed my baby that way.

I think the tips are irrelevent. I have/had no interest in making my bottle feeding experiance more like breastfeeding.

I breastfed but wanted to vote anyways :-)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 39

View Results

If you are not able to breastfeed, or if you are feeding your baby EBM (expressed breast milk) from a bottle, you can still recreate some of the bonding experience of breastfeeding by bottle-nursing. Other people can use this method with your baby if they are watching them for you, but it's best if you are your baby's primary source of milk, just as if you were breastfeeding
.Bottle Nurse a Baby

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Replies (91-92):
mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 12:59 PM

He can be the biggest asshole I've ever met and then the sweetest guy I've ever met...in the same day...what a weirdo.  We're done having babies.  4 is a good number for us.  We all have a riding partner at Cedar Point :)

Quoting paganbaby:

Swear some people act like it's a super human feat to be able to nurse,lol. And sorry to say but your husband's an ass >:-/

If you have more babies I hope his attitude changes.

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

Other people were mostly polite and didn't say anything.  When they did, it was questions on how I could successfully bf (b/c some people don't realize it's a human thing?)...but the attention from dh was bad...he compared it to whipping his penis out.  I miss nursing, but those are conversations/arguments I don't miss.

Quoting paganbaby:

Was it good attention or bad attention? And I know what you mean. Dh got mad at once in the store because i refused to cover. He said he wasn't going to be seen with me so I walked home. Next time ds needed to nurse, I threw a blanket over both of us to make a point,lol. He never bothered me again.

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

hmm I didn't think of that...I probably still wouldn't do it, maybe a tiny bit, but not like when I nursed.  I hated that attention.  I always used a cover, and dh still called it 'whipping my boob out'.  ugh.

Quoting paganbaby:

The cover makes sense for any baby ff or bf. The only time i ever used a cover was when my babies were distracted. The cover helped create a calm peaceful nursing environment.

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

With my ff babies, I did most of these...not really the skin to skin, or using a cover though-that one seems silly. 

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Dec. 15, 2012 at 1:08 PM

That's usually how it goes,lol. And 4's a good number :-) I have 3 myself and am DONE!

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

He can be the biggest asshole I've ever met and then the sweetest guy I've ever met...in the same day...what a weirdo.  We're done having babies.  4 is a good number for us.  We all have a riding partner at Cedar Point :)

Quoting paganbaby:

Swear some people act like it's a super human feat to be able to nurse,lol. And sorry to say but your husband's an ass >:-/

If you have more babies I hope his attitude changes.

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

Other people were mostly polite and didn't say anything.  When they did, it was questions on how I could successfully bf (b/c some people don't realize it's a human thing?)...but the attention from dh was bad...he compared it to whipping his penis out.  I miss nursing, but those are conversations/arguments I don't miss.

Quoting paganbaby:

Was it good attention or bad attention? And I know what you mean. Dh got mad at once in the store because i refused to cover. He said he wasn't going to be seen with me so I walked home. Next time ds needed to nurse, I threw a blanket over both of us to make a point,lol. He never bothered me again.

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

hmm I didn't think of that...I probably still wouldn't do it, maybe a tiny bit, but not like when I nursed.  I hated that attention.  I always used a cover, and dh still called it 'whipping my boob out'.  ugh.

Quoting paganbaby:

The cover makes sense for any baby ff or bf. The only time i ever used a cover was when my babies were distracted. The cover helped create a calm peaceful nursing environment.

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

With my ff babies, I did most of these...not really the skin to skin, or using a cover though-that one seems silly. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN