Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Neighbors From Hell

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:39 AM
  • 36 Replies

I probably should have moved out of this neighborhood a year ago when I planned to. I probably should have called the police when my neighbor's son busted out our front screendoor while trying to hit my nieces with a baseball. I probably should have called the police the second, third, or fourth time I caught him throwing trash into our yard when he mowed his lawn. I definitely should have called the police when he was shooting a crossbow in the backyard (we live in the city where houses are between 5 and 15 feet apart), or when he threatened my little sister's friend with a gun. I did not. And now I'm going to be the criminal. My crime? I drove through an 8x4 ft section of his yard while trying to get out of my driveway this morning after my sister had blocked me in with her van. I realize I was wrong, but...wow. I was in a hurry, and waking up my sister, waiting for her to get dressed, get downstairs, move the van, etc would have put me way behind, so I chanced it, knowing I would have left behind no damage, no sign that I had gone through that tiny patch of yard, considering the ground is completely frozen. He videotaped me, and says he's calling the cops.

I'm ruined. I'm going to have a police record over a patch of grass you can't even tell I touched.

I just wish I had never left California. I wish I had never moved back to Ohio. It has been one disaster after another since I did, and now this. I just want to be left alone. I've lived in this house for nearly 3 years, and I've never even met this guy because I leave the house only on business. I'm quiet and I keep to myself. I'm so tired of this. I really just want to move back to California, where my neighbors were friendly and wouldn't have stroked out over my truck touching their lawn.

Now please, someone bash me and make me feel worse than I already do. Because believe me, I realize I'm guilty, I just can't believe this guy is actually going to call the police over it. Scold me and tell me I'm a bad person, that you would have called the cops too. Let me know just how many jerks there are in this country.

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mesh2
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Oh I will bash you! What sort of Libertarian wants to live in Cali?! 

But seriously, I hope everything works out and that you stay safe! 

katy_kay08
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:47 AM

If there is no damage he will have a hard time having you arrested.  Now seriously, why does this guy want to beat your family so much?  What did you guys do that pissed him off enough to take a baseball bat to your door?  

rfurlongg
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:49 AM
Is this the same neighbor with the crossbow and stuff?

The police around here would not do much more than take down a report because there was no actual damage. I suspect most cops would not sweat it much. I think you will be fine.

His actions are much more destructive. Do you know if he does that stuff to other neighbors? Start calling the cops on his sorry ass.

I hope your day gets better. {{HUGS}}
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:02 AM

If there is no damage then there's nothing the police can or will do. 

Whaaaaaa....O.o
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:09 AM
The cops will just laugh at him. :). At least my hubby would.
IhaveHisjoy
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL that you think you'll have a police record over this.

crazytexan
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:13 AM
I agree with pp, if there is no damage there is not much the cops will do. if I were you, I would start calling the police everytime he harasses you or your. family. start a record of his misbehavior.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Woodbabe
by Woodie on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:25 AM

He's probably bluffing! If the cops come, stay calm and assure them that he's crazy. Maybe give a brief history to get the ball rolling. Be proactive, ask the cops if you should start reporting his harrassment and ask them for tips on how to handle this man. YOU will seem normal and hopefully get the cops on your side!

CjEmmemommy
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:28 AM

I can't imagine ey would care.. You caused no damage, they will likely tell you not to again!

Why was he taping and you should def report things like guns and crossbows. Trash in your yard is not something I would push.

Joqui
by Joqui on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:39 AM

I agree with everyone else on here... I highly doubt that the police will charge you with any thing. They will probably file a police report so as to keep record of the incident but aside from that ... nada... I would start filing a police report every single time he does something... and damn! he must watch you often I can't imagine seeing my neighbor get in her car drive in my yard and then realize I should go get my video recorder come back and you still be there... He sounds a little obsessed 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured