Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Teens Ask for Smoke, Kill Woman When She Replies "Get a Job": Cops

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:57 AM
  • 44 Replies
Police say three teens charged in the fatal shooting of a western Pennsylvania woman targeted her after she told them to "get a job" when she saw them trying to bum a cigarette off her boyfriend. Beaver Falls police have charged 14-year-olds Todavia Cleckley and Marcus Velasquez and Kyle Goosby Jr., 13, with criminal homicide and other charges in Saturday's shooting of Kayla Peterson, 22. She was shot at about 3:30 p.m. that day and died in a Pittsburgh hospital two hours later. Goosby is in custody and his attorney says he was just "in the wrong place at the wrong time" when Velasquez -- identified as the gunman by police and Peterson's boyfriend -- opened fire. Beaver Falls Police Chief Charles Jones says officers are still searching for the other two suspects. http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Teens-Ask-for-Smoke-Kill-Woman-When-She-Replies-Get-a-Job-182999041.html
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Horrible!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Oostera
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Sick. 14!? 13!? What the hell??!!

Tatiana7
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Omg. Entitled brats killing over cigarettes. Who the fuck lets their 13 yr olds smoke in the first damn place. Let alone as a stranger for shit. Appalling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Radarma
by "OneDar" on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Shocking.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not even sure what to say.

Some times, I truly just want to keep my kids locked in the house. *sigh*

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Horrible!

Segue:

Who names their kid 'Todavia' (toad-ay-vee-ah)

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:35 AM
3 moms liked this

with all of these posts in CE lately it feels a little reminiscent of 'Children of the Corn'.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Quoting Tatiana7:

Omg. Entitled brats killing over cigarettes. Who the fuck lets their 13 yr olds smoke in the first damn place. Let alone as a stranger for shit. Appalling.

I would hope no one 'lets' their child smoke but hell, it wouldn't surprise me if some 'parents' allow it so young.  

I can't quite comprehend the mind set of some of the kids.  I realize, most of the time, their sense of entitlement and other attitude issues stem from learning it from the parents, it is allowed.  Others, they are just born bad. 

It is sad and damn, these kids are getting scarier and scarier.

Tatiana7
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Yes, I think "lets" isn't the best word choice. But it's seriously screwed up.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Tatiana7:

I would hope no one 'lets' their child smoke but hell, it wouldn't surprise me if some 'parents' allow it so young.  

I can't quite comprehend the mind set of some of the kids.  I realize, most of the time, their sense of entitlement and other attitude issues stem from learning it from the parents, it is allowed.  Others, they are just born bad. 

It is sad and damn, these kids are getting scarier and scarier.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
furbabymum
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM
3 moms liked this

umm what. Why do kids that young need to bum cigarettes and carry guns? This is insane!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)