Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Should they be making more than the working man?/"Poor" Households Getting $168 in Welfare Per Day from Taxpayers

Posted by   + Show Post

It's official. Taxpayers are no longer simply helping the poor, they're subsidizing the lives of welfare recipients at a better rate than their own. The Senate Budget Committee has released a report showing households living below the poverty line and receiving welfare payments are raking in the equivalent of $168 per day in benefits which come in the form of food stamps, housing, childcare, healthcare and more. The median household income in 2011 was $50,054, totaling $137.13 per day. The worst part? Welfare payments are equivalent to making $30 per hour for 40 hours a week. The median wage for non-welfare recipients is $25 per hour but because they pay taxes, unlike welfare recipients, the wage is bumped down to $21 per hour. From the report:

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Replies (161-166):
brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

This has been brought up to the OP many times.

There are 83 PA programs. No one has all 83 programs. They also included Administrative cost and left out how it is included.

The OP doesn't care about honesty though. She would rather try to push her agenda than be honest about it.

Quoting glitterteaz:

You people do realize each state manages their assistance programs differently right? Cause is my state a family with one disabled person who is unemployed and a recently fired person and one part time wal mart worker nets 132 bucks a month in food stamps no medical assistance at all and no other forms of assistance at all.

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

Cutenessmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:56 PM

We get medicaid benefits and that is all. I know for a fact  some people get close ot this byut for  most of everybody I know they barely  get enough to survive on.   I thin kthis study is flawed! 

I think Congress and  so forth  ones atthe top our to blame as always lets shift the blame ot Welfare people....

gammie
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 4:14 PM
This is about some, not all. In your state it does Sound like you're getting screwed 132 for food not enough

Quoting glitterteaz:

You people do realize each state manages their assistance programs differently right? Cause is my state a family with one disabled person who is unemployed and a recently fired person and one part time wal mart worker nets 132 bucks a month in food stamps no medical assistance at all and no other forms of assistance at all.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Redwall
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Geez, what keeps all of us working? Maybe we should all quit and collect welfare....but NO,my family and I have pride. We don't make alot, but we'd never, ever except welfare.
gammie
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:18 PM
What are you talking about?

Quoting brookiecookie87:

There are 83 PA programs. No one has all 83 programs. They also included Administrative cost and left out how it is included.

The OP doesn't care about honesty though. She would rather try to push her agenda than be honest about it.

Quoting glitterteaz:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM

That it has been brought up that there are 83 PA Programs. The Data doesn't say how many they are using to calculate to get the number $168 a day.

But it is clearly more than one and it can possibly be using all 83 per person. Either way it is painting an extremely inaccurate picture.

Again-I am not saying no one is abusing the system. People do abuse the system. But not enough to paint all "poor" people as people that abuse it. And the ones that do abuse it are not doing it to the tune of $168 dollars per day.

Quoting gammie:

What are you talking about?

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting glitterteaz:

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)