Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Should they be making more than the working man?/"Poor" Households Getting $168 in Welfare Per Day from Taxpayers

Posted by   + Show Post

It's official. Taxpayers are no longer simply helping the poor, they're subsidizing the lives of welfare recipients at a better rate than their own. The Senate Budget Committee has released a report showing households living below the poverty line and receiving welfare payments are raking in the equivalent of $168 per day in benefits which come in the form of food stamps, housing, childcare, healthcare and more. The median household income in 2011 was $50,054, totaling $137.13 per day. The worst part? Welfare payments are equivalent to making $30 per hour for 40 hours a week. The median wage for non-welfare recipients is $25 per hour but because they pay taxes, unlike welfare recipients, the wage is bumped down to $21 per hour. From the report:

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Replies (41-50):
jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:18 PM

...that no one family would ever possible use all of, nor all below poverty level.

Like social security.

So, this is extremely misleading if not downright incorrect.

Quoting mustbeGRACE:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Look at the list of services they examined on page 2 of this thread.

Pell grants, school lunches, Indian health and education, earned income tax credit...

This is a very, very misleading story.

Quoting tooptimistic:

What about the working poor who get benifits who are getting FS or healthcare.  (which in most people on PA)   They are working men/women.

Why is social security added in there?  My grandparents/ parents PAID into that, its not public assistance!!

I am not sure these are good numbers.

They are each a form of welfare.

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting gammie:

The whole point to cut out the people who are lying they sit at home and do nothing! This should only go to help  the poor, the sick, and the military that come back and need our help.

This is not about you who just need fs it is about the abuser who is stealing from the who really need it.

There is a lot of money being wasted on young lazy people that is a fact!!

You should want to clean up the system not be so protective of the abuser.

Can you point out anyone -ever- in this group who has ever said that people should be able to abuse the PA system? Because I know of no one who has ever said that.

There is a HUGE difference between pointing out the data is showing a very flawed picture and trying to defend people who are abusing the system.

If you made a post saying people who abuse the system need to be stopped, you would get a lot of support. If you use Data inaccurately to paint the picture you want to see. You will get a lot of people pointing out the flaws in your data.

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

katzmeow726
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I will have to watch it once the twins get up from nap...sooo not going to chance waking them up lol.  I have a hot cup of coffee, and peace and quiet at the same time.

For me, that's like winning the lottery, HAHA! 

Quoting gammie:

check out a video I'm putting up.

Quoting katzmeow726:

I lve in Alabama, I know what it is like to see a population that relies heavily on aid.  It's sad that her honesty keeps her from getting a large amount.

Quoting gammie:

she is honest I do know people who lie to get as much as they can. Like I said when you live in a area (LA) with government slaves you see a lot of shit.

Quoting katzmeow726:

I find that hard.to believe. I have family member on welfare (she is in school full time to be a nurse and is almost done) and her amount comes out to about 10k a year for her and her two kids. She gets some monthly help from a lawsuit (wrongful death for.her dh). But not much... Where is it that people get 50k in welfare....she must be in the wrong state

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Arroree
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:21 PM
2 moms liked this

The facts show the opposite. It's actually high Republican and Conservative states that have the highest amounts of people on PA programs and the most money given out in those programs.

Quoting gammie:

I'm sure in every state is different. High democrat states will give more.

gammie
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:22 PM

check out the video I have on here, this young man and women are the ones stealing from the poor. Every state is different.

By the way to get this much it becomes a job because you have to stand in a lot of lines and fill out a lot of paper work. So can you see you don't have the time to work lol

This is about the abusers not the family who is working to get out.

Quoting notdown4games:

Where is that? The people I know on welfare are working ft. even with benefits it comes out to being about 6 dollars per hour

gammie
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:24 PM

sure now since Obama care has closed down a lot of company's. People are losing their jobs left and right.

Soon there will be no money to tax and than the Riots will start!!

Quoting Arroree:

The facts show the opposite. It's actually high Republican and Conservative states that have the highest amounts of people on PA programs and the most money given out in those programs.

Quoting gammie:

malexander2009
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Shoot I wish that were true. When we were getting snap benefits we were getting like 5 dollars a day for a family of 5.

notdown4games
by Shane on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:29 PM
Im not seeing a video(probably because im mobile). Could you please link it?

Quoting gammie:

check out the video I have on here, this young man and women are the ones stealing from the poor. Every state is different.

By the way to get this much it becomes a job because you have to stand in a lot of lines and fill out a lot of paper work. So can you see you don't have the time to work lol

This is about the abusers not the family who is working to get out.

Quoting notdown4games:

Where is that? The people I know on welfare are working ft. even with benefits it comes out to being about 6 dollars per hour

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Indian Health is NOT welfare by any means.  It was established through treaties between tribal governments and the federal government, same with our schools that are federally funded.  Not all of our schools are.  VERY misleading story.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Look at the list of services they examined on page 2 of this thread.

Pell grants, school lunches, Indian health and education, earned income tax credit...

This is a very, very misleading story.

Quoting tooptimistic:

What about the working poor who get benifits who are getting FS or healthcare.  (which in most people on PA)   They are working men/women.

Why is social security added in there?  My grandparents/ parents PAID into that, its not public assistance!!

I am not sure these are good numbers.

frogbender
by Captain Underpants on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:30 PM
3 moms liked this

You're a special sort of stupid, aren't you?

Quoting gammie:

sure now since Obama care has closed down a lot of company's. People are losing their jobs left and right.

Soon there will be no money to tax and than the Riots will start!!

Quoting Arroree:

Quoting gammie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)