Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Yeah - "Abstinence Only" education is working well for the Palins

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:12 AM
  • 227 Replies
1 mom liked this

The latest newsworthy story from the Palin family comes from Track Palin. The 23-year-old has filed for divorce from his wife, Britta Palin, after just 18 months of marriage.

The couple were married in May 2011 and their 1-year-old daughter Kyla was born three months after the wedding. Track and Britta (maiden name Hanson)were high school sweethearts. After their marriage the Palins and Hansons released a joint statement, "Our families couldn't be happier. These are two hard working, humble, active, studious young adults who grew up together. We're tickled that after two decades of friendship we proudly witnessed their marriage, knowing their new life together will be blessed."

Their "new life together" was certainly short lived. The divorce papers were filed on December 1. Track and Britta have reportedly worked out all legalities concerning child custody.

Track is Sarah Palin's eldest son and a commercial fisherman. The Palins have four other children; Bristol, 22, Willow, 17, Piper, 11, Trig, 2.  

http://www.examiner.com/article/palin-divorce-track-palin-and-wife-britta-call-it-quits-after-18-month-marriage

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
radioheid
by Libertarian on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:14 AM
15 moms liked this

Why did they give their kids such funky, fucked-up names? I mean, really---Track? Trig? What exactly were they going for?

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

kaffedrikke
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

If that were my little shit of a son I'd beat his ass and tell him to go home to his wife and baby and man up. 

eema.gray
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Something about where each child was conceived is what I read once

Quoting radioheid:

Why did they give their kids such funky, fucked-up names? I mean, really---Track? Trig? What exactly were they going for?

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
GLWerth
by Gina on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:29 AM
8 moms liked this

This points out very clearly why people should not get married simply because a baby is on the way.

I do feel bad for Track and his wife that they are being pulled into the spotlight as he stayed out of the whole thing. Bristol pushed herself out there, but this guy has stayed away from the spotlight.

radioheid
by Libertarian on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:30 AM
11 moms liked this

I don't for a minute believe Sarah Palin ever took trig in school. lol

Quoting eema.gray:

Something about where each child was conceived is what I read once

Quoting radioheid:

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:35 AM
12 moms liked this
Abstinence only is such a bad idea. Kids want to bone each other. Teach them to do it responsibility instead of foisting marriage on kids who clearly aren't ready and acting like it's a miracle societal cure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsDenuninani
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:36 AM
2 moms liked this

This just makes me sad.

First off, these kids don't deserve a bunch of media attention focused on their personal lives.  Chances are, they've made mistakes and are still maturing into the kind of people they want to be.  I would hate if I had reporters following me around while I was going through that.

That said. . .this is why you 1) wait to get married and 2) wait to have children and 3) practice responsible, safe (and, hopefully, enjoyable) sex in the meantime.  It leads to better outcomes, i.e., fewer divorces and better economic stability over your lifetime. *sigh*

rfurlongg
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:37 AM
7 moms liked this
The end of a marriage is always sad. I wish them well in co-parenting and navigating their grief.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PortiaRose
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:37 AM
THANK YOU!

Quoting radioheid:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
futureshock
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Yup.  I wonder how they will spin this one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)