Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Have you seen this commercial?

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:55 AM
  • 7 Replies

At first I thought it was a spoof!  I had no idea.  
Do you know someone like this mother? 

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Joqui
by Joqui on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Yes, I knew some mothers like that when I was a teen.

undrcvrmom
by New Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Wow really, more than one mother too?  

When I was a teen none of my friends moms were like this.  Probably a good thing as we got into enough shit without an adults help. 

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Oh hell no.  I am not that mother, nor will I ever be. 

I have known a few mothers who would rather be the friend versus the parent.  Their children paid the price.

Joqui
by Joqui on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Yea I lived in Fayetteville, NC ... there's nothing really productive to do there... yep.. at more than one house I was welcome to go and drink smoke pot whatever I wanted with my friends AND their moms, hell I remember one would go buy all of these things for us. I was 15 at the time.

Most of the moms were single moms, most of the kids had a record of some sort... been to juvy etc. 

There's a reason my mom beat the shit out of me and didn't let me have any friends over... at the time it was annoying now I'm grateful for all the brooms that broke on my back (not that I condone beatings... I'm just saying)

Quoting undrcvrmom:

Wow really, more than one mother too?  

When I was a teen none of my friends moms were like this.  Probably a good thing as we got into enough shit without an adults help. 

Bertha21
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:42 PM
I know sooo many parents like that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I know at least 5 mothers like this

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Thinking back to my teenage years, there was only one mother that resembled this mother.

Even at a young age I knew what she was allowing her child to do was wrong.  At age 13, she left her daughter home alone for a weekend and the girl invited over an 18 year old man.  Mom knew, didn't care. 

Mom would buy her wine, starting at age 16.  

I don't really care what another thinks of me, I will not purchase any alchol for my children.  They dare to bring drugs of any kind in to my home there will be hell to pay.  Even with pot being legal in WA now, which I support, you keep it out of my home.  Hell, if one of my adult children smoked it I would be disappointed but 21 or over, they certainly are legally entitled to do so.

Nah, I don't see me ever being the mom who feels it is okay for the kids to drink or smoke or do drugs at home, or any where, for that matter until they are of legal age to do so and even then, then damn well better be responsible or mom is going to climb on their shoulder and plant myself there.

Never have had any issues with my 21 and 18 year olds.  They know damn well what I am all about and why.  They both have told me they are glad I was not the 'friend' first.  There were times they certainly disliked me but overall, for our family, I did the right thing.

I will not change with my 13 year old.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN