Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So Wait....Guns...Abortions....A S/O

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:41 AM
  • 76 Replies
7 moms liked this
Ok...so lemme get this straight...

Banning abortions would do nothing to stop them being done in our country.

BUT

Banning guns would stop gun violence.

Seriously?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuvmyAiden
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:20 AM
6 moms liked this

You have a good point there. That has long been a reason NOT to ban abortion. That and the "right" to choose, despite the fact that choosing ends another life. Are you seeing how being prochoice and anti gun is kinda ridiculous?

On a side not. I actually told someone last night that I will not have my gun rights threatened by an administration that is so pro abortion. If I kill someone it will be out of neccessity NOT convenience. And the number killed by abortion in a year FAR exceeds that killed by a gun. It really is time for some common sense in politics. Life either means something or it doesn't.

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:23 AM
15 moms liked this

Again, gun control does not mean gun prohibition. 

TheStepMonster
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Guuurrlll....once again...you my girl crush for the day.

All I will say is yes MA'AM!!! :-)

Quoting LuvmyAiden:

You have a good point there. That has long been a reason NOT to ban abortion. That and the "right" to choose, despite the fact that choosing ends another life. Are you seeing how being prochoice and anti gun is kinda ridiculous?

On a side not. I actually told someone last night that I will not have my gun rights threatened by an administration that is so pro abortion. If I kill someone it will be out of neccessity NOT convenience. And the number killed by abortion in a year FAR exceeds that killed by a gun. It really is time for some common sense in politics. Life either means something or it doesn't.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheStepMonster
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:34 AM
2 moms liked this
For you it may not. But there were a number of posts the other day whereby the poster was in favor of gun prohibition. But, either way....if you are pro-choice and anti-gun...lemme ask you this. If you are in favor if tougher gun control laws and banning of automatic and semi automatic weapons, would you be in favor of banning abortions except in the case of rape, incest or the health of the mother or child? Just curious.

Quoting mehamil1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:34 AM
8 moms liked this

What? You mean making abortion illegal would stop abortion? But outlawing guns would not stop gun violence?

Circular argument....

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:35 AM
3 moms liked this

Brady Bill folks.....

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:49 AM
8 moms liked this

This argument doesn't make sense.

Anyone pregnant can have an "abortion".

In the most extreme case where all guns are ban/tightly controlled. People cannot just plop a gun out of their body. They cannot go to an alley after 9 months and get one. There would have to be someone to supply guns.

And on the opposite end. If someone is pregnant. They don't need a supplier. They don't need something manufactured to do it.

This argument makes no sense.

I am not saying that we should ban guns. Or that we should ban abortions. Or not ban guns, or not ban abortions.

I am just saying this argument makes no sense.

TheStepMonster
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:53 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't think I've ever seen someone who is pro-life contend that banning abortion would stop all abortions. Therein lies the difference.

Quoting NWP:

What? You mean making abortion illegal would stop abortion? But outlawing guns would not stop gun violence?

Circular argument....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephanie329
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:59 AM
No.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I believe these two things are an apples and oranges fallacy. One having nothing to do with the other. Reproductive choice and guns are two very different things. 

Those who are calling for gun prohibition are doing themselves no favor because that just is not going to happen.

Quoting TheStepMonster:

For you it may not. But there were a number of posts the other day whereby the poster was in favor of gun prohibition. But, either way....if you are pro-choice and anti-gun...lemme ask you this. If you are in favor if tougher gun control laws and banning of automatic and semi automatic weapons, would you be in favor of banning abortions except in the case of rape, incest or the health of the mother or child? Just curious.
Quoting mehamil1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)