• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sentence commuted for killer 'too obese' to execute

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:42 AM
  • 7 Replies

Ohio governor grants clemency for 'too obese to be executed' killer

AP Photo/Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections, file

This undated file photo provided by the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections shows inmate Ronald Post. Ohio Gov. John Kasich commuted Post's death sentence on Monday.

By NBC News staff and wire services

Ohio's governor on Monday commuted the death sentence of convicted murderer Ronald Post, but not because of the obese inmate's claim that he was too large to be executed.

Republican Gov. John Kasich said in a statement that Post's legal representation "did not rise to the level that society has come to expect in death penalty cases." Post will instead spend life in prison with no chance of parole, The Associated Press reported. On Friday, a parole board had recommended that Post's death sentence be commuted to a life term, according to Reuters.

Post, 53, had been scheduled to die Jan. 16 for the 1983 shooting death of Helen Vantz in northern Ohio. The woman worked in an Elyria, Ohio motel Post was robbing, and died after the man shot her twice in the

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
junebaby11
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:43 AM
He looks evil I can't look at the pic long before getting the creeps =/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
radioheid
by Libertarian on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Great. He'll get to eat up more of our tax dollars. Literally. If any prison guards go missing, you know where to look. This fat fucker probably ate them.

(Yeah, I know. I'm an asshole.)

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

gotnothinonme
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:50 AM

oh ffs, at least put the man on a damn diet, so that in a few years we aren't also paying for his diabetes treatment or his stroke/heart attack after care. useless bastards- a lifetime of us taking care of him....oooh, the horror.

gotnothinonme
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Quoting radioheid:

Great. He'll get to eat up more of our tax dollars. Literally. If any prison guards go missing, you know where to look. This fat fucker probably ate them.

(Yeah, I know. I'm an asshole.)

I actually thought this was funny, so I guess I am too.

CreziaMommyTo2
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:57 AM

i honestly would fight the clemency... i would rather die than spend the rest of my life in prison.

funlovinlady
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:16 AM

It's not even his weight, it's that he had piss poor legal team. The news likes to use his weight as an attention grabber. Ugh.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:35 AM
2 moms liked this

Bullets go through fat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)