Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has Anyone Else Tried This?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:32 AM
  • 7 Replies

Corn cob cat litter. This shit is miraculous.

I have 3 cats, and because my husband and I both work, the box can only be scooped once a day. It didn't matter which brand of litter we used, you could still smell the damn litter box. A couple weeks ago in desperation I picked up corn cob cat litter, and this stuff is absolutely amazing. I highly recommend it, especially if you are busy and have multiple cats.

That is all. lol

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
eema.gray
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:36 AM

I've used it.  Used the wheat based stuff.  Currently we're hooked on walnut liter.  :-)  WE are fortunate to have an extremely non-picky cat.  I like all of the by product liters a heck of a lot more than clay based.

radioheid
by Libertarian on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I picked this up at Wal-Mart, which gives you three choices: clay in its many variations, some strange crystal stuff, and the corn cob litter (which they just started carrying).

I'm trying to imagine how walnut litter would work. lol

Quoting eema.gray:

I've used it.  Used the wheat based stuff.  Currently we're hooked on walnut liter.  :-)  WE are fortunate to have an extremely non-picky cat.  I like all of the by product liters a heck of a lot more than clay based.

"Roger that. Over."

eema.gray
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:43 AM

It works the same as any other liter I've ever bought.  :-)  Looks like it too.  It's finely ground walnut shells and has the clumping formula added to it.  Ours is expensive stuff made by Blue Buffalo but her food is Blue Buffalo also and if we're buying food and Petco, might as well grab her liter at the same time.

Quoting radioheid:

I picked this up at Wal-Mart, which gives you three choices: clay in its many variations, some strange crystal stuff, and the corn cob litter (which they just started carrying).

Quoting eema.gray:

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
radioheid
by Libertarian on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:47 AM

I've heard Blue Buffalo is expensive. We're on a pretty tight budget, so we stick to Friskies and Meow Mix. lol My husband's eyes bugged out when he found out what I spent on the corn cob litter, because it is six times as expensive as the clay.

Quoting eema.gray:

It works the same as any other liter I've ever bought.  :-)  Looks like it too.  It's finely ground walnut shells and has the clumping formula added to it.  Ours is expensive stuff made by Blue Buffalo but her food is Blue Buffalo also and if we're buying food and Petco, might as well grab her liter at the same time.

Quoting radioheid:

Quoting eema.gray:

"Roger that. Over."

eema.gray
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:50 AM

It's stupid expensive, LOL.  $12 for a 3 pound bag.  For a long time, it was out of our price range.  Now that it is in our price range, I say it's worthwhile because the cat's behavior is calmer, her fur is silkier, and she doesn't shed or itch nearly as bad as she used to.

Quoting radioheid:

I've heard Blue Buffalo is expensive. We're on a pretty tight budget, so we stick to Friskies and Meow Mix. lol My husband's eyes bugged out when he found out what I spent on the corn cob litter, because it is six times as expensive as the clay.

Quoting eema.gray:

Quoting radioheid:

Quoting eema.gray:

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
radioheid
by Libertarian on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I paid $6 for a bag...can't recall the weight of that bag, though. I'm accustomed to spending a couple dollars on 10 lbs of clay. However, we only have to use about half as much of the corn cob as we did the clay, and it is much more absorbent. Not to mention it smells nice and doesn't cause my allergies to act up when I pour it into the litter box.

Quoting eema.gray:

It's stupid expensive, LOL.  $12 for a 3 pound bag.  For a long time, it was out of our price range.  Now that it is in our price range, I say it's worthwhile because the cat's behavior is calmer, her fur is silkier, and she doesn't shed or itch nearly as bad as she used to.

Quoting radioheid:

Quoting eema.gray:

Quoting radioheid:

Quoting eema.gray:

"Roger that. Over."

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Interesting.  I may have to try that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)