Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please take the time to read this its very important to me

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:01 AM
  • 92 Replies
Hey this is Amanda and I am starting a petition against my son Alexander's health insurance company for denying him his RSV shot. I wanted to see if you could help by adding your name.

Our goal is to reach 100 signatures and we need more support. You can read more and sign the petition here:

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/coordinated-care-health-insurance-stop-denying-my-baby-his-rsv-shot-3?share_id=XElbxkzpvL

Please Send this to as many People as you can. Alexander deserves his shot.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
candlegal
by Judy on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Who are you?

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry but change insurance companies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katy_kay08
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

have you contacted your state's insurance comissioner?  This may be something they can help you work through with your insurance.  

katy_kay08
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:06 AM

really?  You think that is easy to do?  

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

tiffyhamm
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:07 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

right.  i wish i could change ours, but we have insurance through hubs employer, we can only change it during open enrollment, they only offer three virtually the same plans, and paying for another insurance on the side isn't an option for us we have no extra money for adding another insurance plan for the family.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you went through the appeals process? If your son is at risk, a PA from your Physician may help you obtain this shot. Going through the appeals process will probably be quicker and more prudent than obtaining signatures. Good luck.

tiffyhamm
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting katy_kay08:

have you contacted your state's insurance comissioner?  This may be something they can help you work through with your insurance.  

i was going to suggest something like this, but maybe she has already tried this?  idk.  insurance is good to have and all, but when they suck, they suck bad.

Xander2212
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:10 AM
I am a mom of of 2 kids. One baby no and a five year old. I can't on here to hopefully get some support from other moms that will understand my situation. I'm not a spammer I'm a mom with a baby that needs signatures to show this insurance company that they are wrong. I could change companies but because my son is so expensive with his heart problems they will all have problems with paying for his shot, I am a mad mom because they are denying my baby.

Quoting candlegal:

Who are you?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tiffyhamm
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Have you went through the appeals process? If your son is at risk, a PA from your Physician may help you obtain this shot. Going through the appeals process will probably be quicker and more prudent than obtaining signatures. Good luck.

according to her petition, she has.

katy_kay08
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Quoting tiffyhamm:

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

right.  i wish i could change ours, but we have insurance through hubs employer, we can only change it during open enrollment, they only offer three virtually the same plans, and paying for another insurance on the side isn't an option for us we have no extra money for adding another insurance plan for the family.

Even if you can change during open enrollment, how many options do you have?  Every company I've worked for has only offered one choice for medical insurance carriers.   Our insurance now comes through my husband's union and we have zero complaints but we certainly don't get a choice of plans with them.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)