• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do Anti-Abortion Fanatics Realize

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:46 PM
  • 49 Replies

...just how silly and stupid the phrase "pre-born child" really sounds?

I laugh every time I hear this, and I've been hearing it for over a decade, since I was on the other side of the abortion fence (hey futureshock---remember the good old days of prochoicetalk.com?)

I used to make excellent arguments for the pro-life movement. Using corny phrases like "pre-born child" were never part of those arguments, though. lol If you want to sound legit, arm yourselves with knowledge and make use of facts and proper terminology. Please.

Sorry for the rant. I was going through the active petitions on the White House's website, and found one pertaining to the "murder" of "pre-born children" and about lost my chicken nuggets through my nose.

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
candlegal
by Judy on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:53 PM
3 moms liked this

That is okay, if I ate chicken nuggets I would probably lose them every time someone says pro choice rather than pro abortion.    They think it somehow softens the killing of the unborn and makes them look less heartless.

Stephanie329
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:55 PM
I've never heard that term used here at CM.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
punky3175
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:56 PM
9 moms liked this
'Pro-abortion' is not an accurate reflection of the pro-choice side.

Quoting candlegal:

That is okay, if I ate chicken nuggets I would probably lose them every time someone says pro choice rather than pro abortion.    They think it somehow softens the killing of the unborn and makes them look less heartless.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wenchmommy381
by Wenchy on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Quoting Stephanie329:

I've never heard that term used here at CM.

Same here. The term is "unborn," generally speaking.

Wenchmommy381, International Wenches Guild

"I know that something very strange Is happening to my brain.
I'm either feeling very good Or else I am insane.
The seeds of doubt you planted Have started to grow wild
And I feel that I must yield before The wisdom of a child.
And it's love you bring,
No, that I can't deny
With your wings,
I can learn to fly,
Sweet young thing."
--M Nesmith
Paperfishies
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:00 PM
I'm anti abortion and I've never heard that used. Just "unborn"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wickedfiress
by Kellie on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:03 PM

If it was illegal, I'm still confused as to how one would prove you got an abortion.

candlegal
by Judy on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I am pro life and I have never heard it either.

Quoting Paperfishies:

I'm anti abortion and I've never heard that used. Just "unborn"

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:05 PM

I agree with you, lol.

radioheid
by Libertarian on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:06 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't know too many folks aside from my son's father who are actually pro-abortion, though I'm sure there are a few more out there like him. "Pro-abortion" would serve a belief that people should be encouraged, if not required, to have abortions, based on some set of criterion which vary, based on the source.

I am personally pro-life. I can think of no scenario in which I would have an abortion, not even rape. Perhaps if my life was truly in danger, I'd reconsider. Otherwise, I view that DNA within as being half mine, and thus standing an excellent chance of being totally awesome, regardless of the flaws others may see. lol My family also knows this, and knows that should any of my sisters face the reality of a baby they do not feel they can raise, Aunt Heidi will step in to either help or take over. But I draw the line right there. I'm not going to try to stop anyone from having an abortion, and I wouldn't disown one of my sisters if I learned she had had an abortion, let alone a stranger I've never met.

As a side note, I rarely eat chicken nuggets. I think they are freakin' disgusting. However, my sister bought them for her kids, and I didn't want to throw away half the damn package they didn't eat. "Waste not, want not", that sort of thing.

Quoting candlegal:

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:09 PM
2 moms liked this

OP, maybe it's a lack of basic scientific knowledge.

If you avoid, perhaps, deny the basics, you  are not likely  going to have the ability to present a plausible discussion regarding the human life cycle prior to age of independent viability.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)