Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newtown, CT school put on lockdown following threat again today

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:56 PM
  • 11 Replies

Students back for first day since SHES shooting

Updated: Tuesday, 18 Dec 2012, 12:40 PM EST
Published : Tuesday, 18 Dec 2012, 12:40 PM EST

NEWTOWN, Conn. (WWLP-WTNH) - On their first day of school since Friday’s tragic mass shooting, a security threat has closed another Newtown, Connecticut school.

Our Connecticut sister station, WTNH-TV reports that students at the Head O’Meadow School in Newtown are on lockdown, following the threat.

The exact nature of the threat has not been made clear.

Stay with 22News and WWLP.com for the latest.

On Monday, schools in nearby Ridgefield were put on lockdown after a report of a suspicious person at a train station near an elementary school. The lockdown was lifted hours later when everything was determined to be safe.

source

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
candlegal
by Judy on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Those poor people.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Lots of attention seekers.

Perhaps all this social media that allows people to interact without actually seeing, hearing or touching people is causing some to seek any kind of actual attention they can get.

Kate_Momof3
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:28 PM

This is just sick. I read it was a bomb threat.

ashellbell
by shellbark on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:30 PM
I'm really begin to dislike people in general. It'll pass. I know there's more good than bad in people, but GRRRRRRRRRR. I think I need a break. I just don't get it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kate_Momof3
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Most likely. It's just terrible that, yet again, some sick person decided to traumatize Newtown.

Three schools throughout the state were on lockdown yesterday. Ridgefield, Bristol, and another one I can't remember.

We have two CT state troopers at our little elementary school. It's very much like Sandy Hook.

Quoting Sisteract:

Lots of attention seekers.

Perhaps all this social media that allows people to interact without actually seeing, hearing or touching people is causing some to seek any kind of actual attention they can get.

D.O.E.
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:35 PM

ffs. gotta keep everyone scared eh

D.O.E.
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:38 PM

you can come visit me in my sane little corner of the world lol

Quoting ashellbell:

I'm really begin to dislike people in general. It'll pass. I know there's more good than bad in people, but GRRRRRRRRRR. I think I need a break. I just don't get it.

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

This is what happens when the media plays 24/7 footage of what happened last week, and talks about the shooter like he's to be glorified in some way. Every person out there who wants their 15 minutes of fame will be seeking it now.

Did you know the police have issued warnings because some sickos are actually getting on FB and other social media, creating fake IDs and pretending to be the shooter or others involved in this case? What kind of sick bastard does that sort of thing? I'm telling you, there are a lot of scary people in this world.

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:54 PM

good, I'm glad they are being this cautious there. better too much vigilance than too little.

ashellbell
by shellbark on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol trust me I've considered it!

Quoting D.O.E.:

you can come visit me in my sane little corner of the world lol

Quoting ashellbell:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)