Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You Like Inflatables as Holiday Yard Decoration?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:44 PM
  • 22 Replies

My HOA is thinking of banning ANY inflatable from being displayed as yard decoration. What's your take on this?I'm thinking it's a little over the top.  As I was researching the topic I found this blog post about the "Island of Misfit Inflatables."  I almost wet myself from laughing. It was too good not to share - enjoy!

http://snarkyinthesuburbs.com/2011/12/16/a-very-snarky-christmas/

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:44 PM

I don't particularly like them, but I think that banning them is a bit much too

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:46 PM

I have a Snow Man, and my neighbor has a Penguin, and we have them hanging out together. next to the tree in the middle that's decorated and has those light up presents under it! ... but it's all burried in snow now. lol

rfurlongg
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Ditto.

Quoting Sekirei:

I don't particularly like them, but I think that banning them is a bit much too

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 5:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Love them.  It makes the kids smile.

romalove
by Roma on Dec. 19, 2012 at 5:43 AM

I don't love them, but I hate them all day when they are deflated and look like piles of melted things on the lawns.

When they are inflated and lit they "can" be charming, at least some of them.  But they are not inflated and lit more than they are, at least around here.  

HOA can do what they think is in their best interest and I don't have one.  In general, how I personally feel about them should have no bearing on whether others have what they like.

lwalker270
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 5:54 AM
I don't care for them, but certainly don't think they should be banned.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Woodbabe
by Woodie on Dec. 19, 2012 at 6:02 AM

I don't have any but I think its petty and set a dangerous precendent that an HOA can/will ban them simply because they don't like them! Its not like they're dangerous...

Unless they're all hitting the eggnog like THIS snowman was obviously doing at our office Christmas party saturday night! :)

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

lovemysnugbugs
by Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 6:06 AM
I don't necessarily "like" them, but kids do. When we go driving around looking at lights, the inflatable decorations are always a big hit. I think banning them is a little silly.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momtoscott
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 6:26 AM

Personally I dislike them, but I wouldn't ban them for others.  HOAs make lots of rules that limit aesthetics, kind of glad I don't belong to one. 

dustinsmom1
by JENN on Dec. 19, 2012 at 6:43 AM

I dont likethm, I think they are tacky.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)