Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who Are You Afraid Of?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:01 PM
  • 90 Replies
3 moms liked this

This was posted in one of my online groups and found it interesting, I don't mean to take away from the tragedy of any of these cases - rather to look at our ways of common profiling. Your thoughts are appreciated ...

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emeraldangel2.0
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:03 PM
6 moms liked this

I'm not afraid of one soul on this planet. except my dad when i'm in trouble. lol

GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

I'm not afraid of one soul on this planet. except my dad when i'm in trouble. lol

Insert mom into that last sentence..... LOL

12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Just curious but are those victims of the murders referenced?   

ashellbell
by shellbark on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:14 PM
11 moms liked this
I think this is a rather unfair and racially motivated post that's not going to go well. Bad people come in all colors. Some people fear the black community, some people fear the hispanic, Arab or white community. Depends on your area. For every white murderer, we can find a black one, an Arab one, a hispanic one. I'm not a fan of this post.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Maaamaof2
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:14 PM
3 moms liked this

I actually think all we are doing when speaking of "profiling" is profiling more with a photo that is clearly race targeted. I have also seen this photo and find it to be in poor taste personally.

Furthermore I could find 5 men outside the white race to counter this picture saying the same thing, but what would the point be? Evil comes in all shapes and sizes, this like blaming the NRA is the American way. Target someone to feel better about the situation at the time.

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:16 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting ashellbell:

I think this is a rather unfair and racially motivated post that's not going to go well. Bad people come in all colors. Some people fear the black community, some people fear the hispanic, Arab or white community. Depends on your area. For every white murderer, we can find a black one, an Arab one, a hispanic one. I'm not a fan of this post.

I think that is the point.

There are people who are perfectly happy with profiling when it comes to Muslims at Airports. When it comes to Hispanic people in Arizona. And Black people in LA.

This is pointing out that if we use the same standards for profiling we should be doing it to white males as well.

Which is silly I know. But it is no more silly than what we do to other colored people.

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

ILive4This
by Robin on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:17 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm not afraid of anybody.  Honestly.  I can't live that way.  All you gun huggers concern me a bit, but I am not afraid of  you.

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:18 PM
4 moms liked this

On their own with no weapons NONE of them. With weapons every damn one of them. Very racist image if you ask me

Hippie.Gypsy
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Honestly, I wouldn't think twice about any of them (not even the ones I know were supposedly behind the gun)... I don't trust people, but I don't profile and judge before I know them, the story behind them and what is going on (at least I try not to).

ashellbell
by shellbark on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Oh, I can see that. I just hate that it's done period. There will be a certain member who will come in here posting about EVERY crime ever committed by a black person (because it seems she literally spends all day looking up storm front stories to paint the black community as the scum of the earth) and it will just turn ugly. I still don't understand her fascination with black people. I just know where this will go and it won't be pretty.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting ashellbell:

I think that is the point.

There are people who are perfectly happy with profiling when it comes to Muslims at Airports. When it comes to Hispanic people in Arizona. And Black people in LA.

This is pointing out that if we use the same standards for profiling we should be doing it to white males as well.

Which is silly I know. But it is no more silly than what we do to other colored people.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)