Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Stop Saying We Have To Protect Hunters!!!

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:14 AM
  • 260 Replies
4 moms liked this

From Bill Maher's Facebook page this morning. I love this! 

"Stop saying we have to protect hunters - why? There's food in stores now.The slippery slope is the one that leads back to this outdated bs"

by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChancesMommy07
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:28 AM
27 moms liked this

My husband is a hunter. And we save a fortune every year by filling our freezer with meat that he hunts for. Same thing with our cellar which is full of fruits and veggies that we grow and can. For us its a way of life and we don't fear the rising cost of food because we are able to provide for ourselves. However the whole gun debate doesn't scare us at all. We aren't afraid that someone is coming to take our guns.

Aamy
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:31 AM
28 moms liked this
I'll take deer meat that is hunted over the hormone, chemical filled meat that's in stores.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:33 AM
6 moms liked this
Usually I agree with maher, but he is speaking out of his ass on this. If we didn't allow the hunting of deer and coyote, they would be more over populated than they already are.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roisin07
by Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:35 AM
5 moms liked this

"Outdated bs"...I call his statement bs. Stores are filled with nothing but overpriced chemicals. I have fresh chemical free food in my freezer and pantry and I'll keep it that way. Its our way of life and we should be protected to have the right as our constitution supposedly say we have the right.

btamilee
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:48 AM
3 moms liked this

Coming from a place (Maine) where hunting is a part of life....this is a stupid statement.  I am not a hunter, but I do know that many who hunt, do rely on the meat to fill their freezer and feed their family.  I also know that if it weren't for hunting season......there would be a huge overpopulation of deer in our area.  As much as I dislike hunting, I know it is crucial.

Chris030406
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:53 AM
2 moms liked this
Fear leads to hate... Then to suffering... Then, to the dark side!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Suzukigirl710
by Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:06 AM

My aunt and uncle had 5 kids in a two bedroom house, they were poor, they hunted to feed their family.  They still do.  They raise their own crops.  My aunt and uncle are only in the late 40's and their youngest child just turned 20.  So people still do actually hunt to feed.  BTW, all their kids are avid hunters as well. 

I am not worried about any gun laws changing.  No one is going to come into my house and take my guns away.  Simply because they (the Goverment) won't put forth the effort to make sure this happens.  They will impose laws, but little will follow them.  Just as they do not follow them now. 

candlegal
by Judy on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:10 AM
3 moms liked this

Because Bill Maher is such an expert, yeah, okay.

_Kissy_
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:14 AM
Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Claire-Huxtable
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Almost everyone I know has a family member that goes hunting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)