Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TWITTER on the NRA

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:07 PM
  • 10 Replies

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashellbell
by shellbark on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:15 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't know if I should laugh or be sad that it's true.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Erimar23
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:18 PM

lol!!!

Quoting ashellbell:

I don't know if I should laugh or be sad that it's true.

cueballsmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Well? And?
Ms.Maaamaof2
by Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:45 PM

People of color use guns everyday and kill people all the time.

Regulations and the NRA wont stop that.

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Any stats on the amount of people of colour are NRA members?

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:15 PM

I had to laugh at the name.....Phonte is that pronounced Fon-tay? or Fon-tee

Ms.Maaamaof2
by Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Quoting turtle68:

Cant find actual numbers for that, although I am pretty sure its not high.

I found this interesting though.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/04/13/11187222-poll-most-amercians-support-nra-right-to-protect-self-but-also-a-few-gun-limits?lite

This came from a message board so the source is not great but I shared anyways:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=632867&page=2

"the following text is clearly printed on the NRA Members' Council Membership Application and every volunteer is required to sign it:

I CERTIFY that I am a citizen of good repute of the United States of America; that I am not a member of any organization or group having as its purpose or one of its purposes the overthrow by force or violence of the Government of the United States or any of its political subdivisions; that I am not a member of any organization or group having as its purpose or one of its purposes the discrimination of any fellow citizens based upon race, creed, color, religion or national origin; that I have never been convicted of a felony or a crime of violence; and that, if admitted to membership, I will fulfill the obligations of good citizenship in support of the National Rifle Association and the Members’ Council Program. Signature : __________________________________________"

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Quoting Ms.Maaamaof2:

Quoting turtle68:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/04/13/11187222-poll-most-amercians-support-nra-right-to-protect-self-but-also-a-few-gun-limits?lite

"the following text is clearly printed on the NRA Members' Council Membership Application and every volunteer is required to sign it:

I CERTIFY that I am a citizen of good repute of the United States of America; that I am not a member of any organization or group having as its purpose or one of its purposes the overthrow by force or violence of the Government of the United States or any of its political subdivisions; that I am not a member of any organization or group having as its purpose or one of its purposes the discrimination of any fellow citizens based upon race, creed, color, religion or national origin; that I have never been convicted of a felony or a crime of violence; and that, if admitted to membership, I will fulfill the obligations of good citizenship in support of the National Rifle Association and the Members’ Council Program. Signature : __________________________________________"

why do you say you are pretty sure it isnt high?  Im curious no snark :-)  Do black Americans not like guns or believe that the NRA is run by white supremists, who are out to hurt them?

Ms.Maaamaof2
by Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Quoting turtle68:

Quoting Ms.Maaamaof2:

Quoting turtle68:

why do you say you are pretty sure it isnt high?  Im curious no snark :-)  Do black Americans not like guns or believe that the NRA is run by white supremists, who are out to hurt them?

I have no statistics to prove this, just based off the demographics I have noticed.

Many black voters select a democratic candidate for President...NRA is associated and has ties to the GOP...Related? Maybe..

Like I said no stats here just personal feeling on this.

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Quoting Ms.Maaamaof2:

Quoting turtle68:

Quoting Ms.Maaamaof2:

Quoting turtle68:

I have no statistics to prove this, just based off the demographics I have noticed.

Many black voters select a democratic candidate for President...NRA is associated and has ties to the GOP...Related? Maybe..

Like I said no stats here just personal feeling on this.

thanks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)