Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A white house christmas.. Anyone watching?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:22 PM
  • 6 Replies

Im sitting here watching this and I am wondering, what are they going to do when they finally get a non christian in the white house? Will they continue with the decorations and trees and all that, especially if it goes against their beliefs?

Just a random thought going thru my mind as I watch.

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Hmmmm. Good question. But, even if they don't believe in the Christian holiday most people still celebrate Christmas with decoration, family get togethers, and gift giving.

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Hmmmm. Good question. But, even if they don't believe in the Christian holiday most people still celebrate Christmas with decoration, family get togethers, and gift giving.

A lot of people who are a different faith, or even no faith, dont celebrate at all. 

So, it makes me wonder what will happen then. 

Surah 18:109

Say, "If the sea were ink
for [writing] the words of my Lord, the sea would be
exhausted before the words of my Lord were exhausted, even if
We brought the like of it as a supplement."

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Quoting muslimahpj:

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

A lot of people who are a different faith, or even no faith, dont celebrate at all. 

I've never met a person of no faith or Atheist that didn't celebrate Christmas(not saying there aren't those that don't). The only people I know that don't celebrate are my Jewish and Muslim friends.

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Quoting muslimahpj:

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

I've never met a person of no faith or Atheist that didn't celebrate Christmas(not saying there aren't those that don't). The only people I know that don't celebrate are my Jewish and Muslim friends.

That is kind of what I am wondering about. When it happens, because eventually it will, how will it be received? Will people really freak out?

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting muslimahpj:

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Quoting muslimahpj:

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

That is kind of what I am wondering about. When it happens, because eventually it will, how will it be received? Will people really freak out?

I won't. But, I never watch it and someone eles' faith or lack there of has no bearing on mine. KWIM?

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Quoting muslimahpj:

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Quoting muslimahpj:

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

I won't. But, I never watch it and someone eles' faith or lack there of has no bearing on mine. KWIM?

I get you, but, it's not really about the person's faith or lack thereof. It is more to do with the premise that many people think this is a christian country. How will those people react when the President is no longer putting out christmas decos, the tree lightenings, parties, each year at this time when they are in office? 

That is what I am thinking of. So many here get their knickers in a twist when the nativity has to be taken off of govt property, imagine the reaction to this. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)