Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Someone please explain this to me. I just signed up for an account and was browsing. I just don't get it - what's the point of 'pinning' things? Can just anyone see what I pin?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Replies (51-60):
katy_kay08
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:53 PM

If it's done correctly the picture should link right back to the instructions/original source.  When I find a pin/picture that links to nothing of value I copy the link of the picture and do a google image search until I find the original source and then create a new pin for it.  

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

That is EXACTLY what I find so frustrating. there is a cute I idea- I pin it but then: nothing. I want to know how to make "x" not just have a cute picture of it......the whole thing just seems so pointless to me.

Quoting muslimahpj:

I hate finding a pin that I want to try and then click on it and it doesnt take you back to the original link!!

Quoting katy_kay08:

People can search your pins (I think you can set privacy perameters for your boards) and people can follow your boards.  I use it to pin sewing projects I want to try, knitting patterns, crafts for the kids, recipes and ideas for the home.  I try to make sure everything links back to the original source for the information on each project.  Some people aren't so good about it and will just link random pictures that lead you no where.  

It's essentially a giant online bulletin board for keeping track of things you want to keep track of and it allows you to share with others that may also want to keep track of the same things.  

punky3175
by Punky on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:55 PM
*hangs head in shame* I'm sorry. :-( I just can't get enough. I'm sure it'll get old really fast. :-)

Quoting katy_kay08:

That is exactly what I thought two weeks ago when I opened my pinterest to find it filled with grumpy cat photos you pinned.  ;) 

Quoting punky3175:

I'm now officially addicted to it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
katy_kay08
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:57 PM

:)  They made me laugh.  :) 

Quoting punky3175:

*hangs head in shame* I'm sorry. :-( I just can't get enough. I'm sure it'll get old really fast. :-)

Quoting katy_kay08:

That is exactly what I thought two weeks ago when I opened my pinterest to find it filled with grumpy cat photos you pinned.  ;) 

Quoting punky3175:

I'm now officially addicted to it.

kam013
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Quoting toomanypoodles:

I don't get it either.  So I pin something...so?

I am unable to share my own pictures, just stuff I see on the web.  Either I'm dumb or I don't get the whole pinterest thing.

You can definitely pin your own pictures.  I have a board under our Kennels name full of pictures with our Huskies.  I have opened the board to all of our puppy owners for them to put pictures of the pups as they grow.  Great way for us to keep updated on them.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:09 PM

I use it as a virtual cookbook....aBOUT 90% of my pins are food, the rest are funnies!

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Quoting kam013:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

I am unable to share my own pictures, just stuff I see on the web.  Either I'm dumb or I don't get the whole pinterest thing.

You can definitely pin your own pictures.  I have a board under our Kennels name full of pictures with our Huskies.  I have opened the board to all of our puppy owners for them to put pictures of the pups as they grow.  Great way for us to keep updated on them.

Thank you.  I'll look into it again. 

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Quoting NWP:

You can share your own pictures. I posted this picture of the left over mashed potatoes and cheese pumpkins I served my kids because I thought is looked pinteresty. You could sooo post your hooking master works.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

I remember yourt pumpkins!  I actually reshared your pic!

Thanks...I'll have to investigate further. 

flowerfunleah
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I use pinterest a lot for recipes, I just browse, I find something good, and I pin it to use as a reference later when I actually want to prepare the dish.

It's the same for other stuff do! Some people pin stuff for their dream homes that'll never happen (me)

Some people have boards where they pin certain items they want for gifts (me)

etc etc etc.

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I do that too! I named that particular board "When I Win the Lottery"

Quoting flowerfunleah:

I use pinterest a lot for recipes, I just browse, I find something good, and I pin it to use as a reference later when I actually want to prepare the dish.

It's the same for other stuff do! Some people pin stuff for their dream homes that'll never happen (me)

Some people have boards where they pin certain items they want for gifts (me)

etc etc etc.

Neon Washable Paint

fireangel5
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Something new for me to try :)

Quoting punky3175:

I use pepperplate.com for my recipes so that's not really an appeal for me. I can import recipes there from 20-30 different websites and they are all organized nicely so I'm basically creating my own cookbook where I can also create special menus and shopping lists as plan weekly meals/dinners.

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Ahhh...recipes. I got my recipe for baked cream cheese squares from there and they are a hit with DH and the daycare providers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured