Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Deadbeat parents

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:54 AM
  • 178 Replies
5 moms liked this

If a non-custodial parent doesn't financially provide for their child through child support they are considered deadbeats.  Custodial parents who don't financially provide for their children, and depend on PA, are just as much deadbeats.  People shouldn't complain about not getting child suppport, when they don't support their child either.

by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
macbudsmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Agreed.

Aivlys_
by Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 11:01 AM
I agree.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tooptimistic
by Kelly on Dec. 26, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Sigh.. such a complex subject.. but I agree.

LaughingTattoo
by Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 11:03 AM
8 moms liked this

Do you ever stop to think that the reason they are on PA is bc they are not getting child support??

JTROX
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 11:07 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

Do you ever stop to think that the reason they are on PA is bc they are not getting child support??

If they are not financially providing for their child it would mean that they are not working, that would be a reason they are on PA.  If they were working, they might still need PA, but they would be financially providing for their child through their paycheck, thus they wouldn't be a deadbeat if they were working.

rfurlongg
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 11:07 AM

ok.

candlegal
by Judy on Dec. 26, 2012 at 11:13 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree but you are talking about those that think they are entitled here, entitled to everyone to support their children but themselves.

Kaya529
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 11:16 AM
6 moms liked this
I would agree with you except that most people on PA do work. They are doing everything they can to provide but right now that is impossible for a lot of people. There are peopke who work way over 40 hours or even 2 jobs but still cannot make it in this econony.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
katy_kay08
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 11:18 AM
5 moms liked this

Custodial parents provide care for their children which is generally more than the non paying non active noncustodial parent does.  There are a variety of types of PA and often the custodial parent is contributing financially but is unable to meet all of the needs of their children.  

JTROX
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 11:19 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes, but the post is about people who don't financially provide for their children.  If they are working then they are financially providing for their children, and thus not deadbeats.

Quoting Kaya529:

I would agree with you except that most people on PA do work. They are doing everything they can to provide but right now that is impossible for a lot of people. There are peopke who work way over 40 hours or even 2 jobs but still cannot make it in this econony.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)