Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Too Sick To Be Believed

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:43 PM
  • 212 Replies
2 moms liked this

So we were in our local walmart today and in a big endcap *less than 2 weeks after the Sandy Shore massacre* they have a huge display of this http://www.walmart.com/ip/Black-Ops-M4-Diamondback-Air-Soft-Gun/22018424

It's an airsoft ASSAULT RIFLE.

I was in shock, i can't believe anyone is crazy enough to think that sort of display is appropriate right now. So i went onto their website to find out if it was a sick joke but nope, not only are they selling it in stores right now and making a big deal of it, but they also sell REAL assault rifles.

That's right, any yahoo can go to walmart for their military grade assault rifles. 

Sick.

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Godgaveme4
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:55 PM
17 moms liked this

I don't see the problem.

No one stops selling alcohol after a crash.

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:59 PM
6 moms liked this

While I agree that assault weapons are over the top, I am 100%  pro-gun ownership---especially now that we are being threatened to having them taken from us. 

All this war on guns just makes me want to run out and buy ourselves a couple. 

lga1965
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Here is another reason I don't shop at Walmart.

They are tasteless, insensitive brain dead jerks.

stormcris
by Christy on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:03 PM
2 moms liked this

Its an airsoft

lga1965
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:04 PM
7 moms liked this

Quoting toomanypoodles:

While I agree that assault weapons are over the top, I am 100%  pro-gun ownership---especially now that we are being threatened to having them taken from us. 

LOL, sure thing. They're comin' to get yall's guns and ammo. NOT!

For goodness sake, stay away from the radical right wing propaganda,will ya?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!
Rhodin
by Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Walmart's been selling those airsoft rifles all month.  It's part of their holiday gifts, because you know, people might want airsoft accessories for Christmas.

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:06 PM
4 moms liked this

You see no problem with a huge chain store putting up a big display on assault rifles less than 2 weeks after a psycho uses assault rifles to massacre 20 6yr olds?

It would be just as disturbing if there was a huge crash pileup where dozens died, caused by someone drunk on say Corona then suddenly stores had huge happy displays for Corona afterwards.

I don't expect them to stop selling guns, but to put up a huge happy display on the exact same weapon type as was just used to murder a bunch of children is tasteless to say the least, deeply disturbing imo.

Quoting Godgaveme4:

I don't see the problem.

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:08 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting toomanypoodles:

--especially now that we are being threatened to having them taken from us. 

Who's threating to take your guns? You should have that person arrested for threatening you that way.

stormcris
by Christy on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:13 PM
4 moms liked this

He used two 9 mm handguns.

Quoting Arroree:

You see no problem with a huge chain store putting up a big display on assault rifles less than 2 weeks after a psycho uses assault rifles to massacre 20 6yr olds?

It would be just as disturbing if there was a huge crash pileup where dozens died, caused by someone drunk on say Corona then suddenly stores had huge happy displays for Corona afterwards.

I don't expect them to stop selling guns, but to put up a huge happy display on the exact same weapon type as was just used to murder a bunch of children is tasteless to say the least, deeply disturbing imo.

Quoting Godgaveme4:

I don't see the problem.

Would you prefer to be barbecue or teriyaki?
Godgaveme4
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Read the legislation that is being introduced.  It is scary.  And yes they will be banning weapons and asking for all guns to be registered and gun owners fingerprinted with picture.  hmmm sounds like something they do to criminals.

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

LOL, sure thing. They're comin' to get yall's guns and ammo. NOT!

For goodness sake, stay away from the radical right wing propaganda,will ya?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)