Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Westboro, what you ladies think of this?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:05 AM
  • 68 Replies
http://news.yahoo.com/petition-urges-white-house-classify-westboro-church-hate-192906943.html

Can someone make it clicky?
I'm writing from my iPad :)
Jasmine

Mother to three beautiful kids, Faith Milany 5-24-06, Alexander 8-11-07, Khaleb Mobin 3-02-10
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jasminemomof3
by Jasmine on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:06 AM
Bump
yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

They can petition what they want it is free speech....just like the folks at WBC can spew what they want.....the SCOTUS has already ruled what they spew as free speech.

Jers.
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I signed that petition - I thiink they need to be categorized accordingly and do not deserve the tax benefits they have been receiving.  

This is petition is already the most popular one at the site, with the most signatures ever.

Jasminemomof3
by Jasmine on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:24 AM
Quoting radioheid:

http://news.yahoo.com/petition-urges-white-house-classify-westboro-church-hate-192906943.html

Thank you
Jasmine

Mother to three beautiful kids, Faith Milany 5-24-06, Alexander 8-11-07, Khaleb Mobin 3-02-10
Jasminemomof3
by Jasmine on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Bump ladies :)
Jers.
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:25 AM
3 moms liked this

I am all for free speech, but these people are the most deranged "church" I've ever seen.

Their antics certainly fit the definition of a hate group, so they should be classified as such.

Quoting yourspecialkid:

They can petition what they want it is free speech....just like the folks at WBC can spew what they want.....the SCOTUS has already ruled what they spew as free speech.

caito
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:31 AM
2 moms liked this
I signed it :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:31 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Jers.:

I am all for free speech, but these people are the most deranged "church" I've ever seen.

Their antics certainly fit the definition of a hate group, so they should be classified as such.

Quoting yourspecialkid:

So should we classify YOU as a hate group too?  The free speech door has to swing both ways...............unless you really want to give someone the authority to decide what is hate speech.....I am sure the folks at WBC would feel YOU are a hater.

This is WHY the SCOTUS said they are using their right of free speech.

I am not supporting the WBC...I think they are awful..........BUT I will...to my last breath...support their right to free speech.......lest I lose mine.

katy_kay08
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Some people have the most ridiculous ideas of what they can accomplish with these petitions.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN