Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I am amazed at the amount of mothers who.... (CS related)

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:44 PM
  • 218 Replies
5 moms liked this

Do not believe a father should be held financially responsible for their children. Not only that, but who believe fathers do not owe their children any other type of support. It honestly baffles me. I have heard statements like, "You have plenty of money. Support your kid yourself." "Let him sign his rights over. If he doesn't want to be a father, you should respect that." WTF? No.

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
N_maricle
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I totally agree. It doesn't do the child any favors either, if you ask me. 

rfurlongg
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:46 PM
4 moms liked this

Every situation is unique. 

Ktina11
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Agreed.

Quoting rfurlongg:

Every situation is unique. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SRUsarahSC
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:49 PM
3 moms liked this

some women want to do it on their own and don't just want money from some man who will never see their kid.  If you can't afford the child on your own, you absolutely should be forced to go for CS before you can apply for food stamps, WIC, welfare etc.  Still qualify after that, fine, but you must be collecting support from the other responsible party as well.

Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Exactly. That's why it pisses me off so bad. It's not about the poor, pathetic man. It's about the child. Poor pathetic man doesn't matter. Only the best interests of the child matter.

Quoting N_maricle:

I totally agree. It doesn't do the child any favors either, if you ask me. 

Mommy4000
by Ray of sunshine on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:49 PM
7 moms liked this

You really can't force a person to be a parent. Money doesn't make a parent, so I think I get what some people might mean by that. But if you can't physically force a person to be in their child's life, the next best thing is to hold them responsible for financially supporting the child they created.

Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:50 PM
3 moms liked this

So why not collect and put the money away for the child if it's not needed or wanted by the parent. It's CHILD support, not ex baby mama support. Don't gyp your child because of your arrogance (general you, of course).

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

some women want to do it on their own and don't just want money from some man who will never see their kid.  If you can't afford the child on your own, you absolutely should be forced to go for CS before you can apply for food stamps, WIC, welfare etc.  Still qualify after that, fine, but you must be collecting support from the other responsible party as well.

Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:51 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree. You can't force a man to love their child, but you can force them to follow through with their legal obligations to the child. 

Quoting Mommy4000:

You really can't force a person to be a parent. Money doesn't make a parent, so I think I get what some people might mean by that. But if you can't physically force a person to be in their child's life, the next best thing is to hold them responsible for financially supporting the child they created.

AMBG825
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:52 PM
13 moms liked this

What boggles my mind is how many women here think fathers have no value other than financial.

Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:53 PM

I agree. It's crazy on both ends. 

Quoting AMBG825:

What boggles my mind is how many women here think fathers have no value other than financial.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)