Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Birth control

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:11 PM
  • 259 Replies
2 moms liked this

Birth control, as such, is  a want not a need.  People should not be forced to provide it.

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
futureshock
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:24 PM
14 moms liked this

Who are "people?"  Insurance companies should be forced to provide it in exchange for collecting insurance premiums.

survivorinohio
by René on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Quoting futureshock:

Who are "people?"  Insurance companies should be forced to provide it in exchange for collecting insurance premiums.

agreed

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

katy_kay08
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:30 PM
8 moms liked this

employers have been have been required to cover it in their prescription plans for over a decade.  This is another one of those issues that people want to pretend is new but isn't.  

http://www.eeoc.gov/policy/docs/decision-contraception.html

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:31 PM
16 moms liked this
I'd much rather pay for birth control via Medicaid than pay for another 18 years of a child on welfare programs.

The birth control is far, far cheaper.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
katy_kay08
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:32 PM
6 moms liked this

it's also been shown that providing birth control coverage has a direct cost benefit to both the employer and the state.  

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2012/03/06/148042609/how-birth-control-saves-taxpayers-money

katy_kay08
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this

http://business.time.com/2012/02/14/why-free-birth-control-will-not-hike-the-cost-of-your-insurance/

Quote:

2000 study by the National Business Group on Health estimates that not providing contraceptive coverage in employee health plans winds up costing employers 15% to 17% more than providing such coverage.

Contraception is expensive only if you think of birth control in terms of the individual woman’s upfront costs, rather than looking long-term at the “net cost” to the insurer and factor in all the dollars saved when customers don’t become pregnant. Think of it this way: If my married daughter lays out a $15 co-pay for birth control pills, she doesn’t save a dime. True, she protects herself against the emotional cost of an unwanted pregnancy, along with the hefty costs of raising a child. But in terms of the costs to give birth to the child, she is not much better off, because if she does become pregnant, her insurer, like many, would pay the bills above and beyond the co-pay.

lga1965
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:14 PM
4 moms liked this

Oh I don't know....if you want to plan your family and want to have only a  specific number of kids, then Birth Control is a NEED. I thought everyone knew that. Or are there people who don't PLAN? That's probably not a good idea.

katy_kay08
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:17 PM
3 moms liked this

people should only have sex for the purpose of procreation 

Quoting lga1965:

Oh I don't know....if you want to plan your family and want to have only a  specific number of kids, then Birth Control is a NEED. I thought everyone knew that. Or are there people who don't PLAN? That's probably not a good idea.

bwahahahahahahaha!  I couldn't even hit "add reply" before laughing at that one.  

lga1965
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Poeple should be free to have sex any time they want to and that's why they need birth control and why its good to plan your family----we can't all afford to have 18 kids, in other words.

So.....who said that sex is only for procreation? Did I miss something?

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting lga1965:

bwahahahahahahaha!  I couldn't even hit "add reply" before laughing at that one.  

katy_kay08
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:23 PM

it was meant to make you laugh.  I guess it's a good thing I laugh at my own jokes. ;) 

Quoting lga1965:

Poeple should be free to have sex any time they want to and that's why they need birth control and why its good to plan your family----we can't all afford to have 18 kids, in other words.

So.....wh said that sex is only for procreatrion? Did I miss something?

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting lga1965:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN