Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wife killed, cut up, and cooked her husband to prevent him from abusing his step daughter

Posted by   + Show Post

Wife 'killed, cut up and cooked her husband into a korma to stop him from abusing his stepdaughter'

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

Macabre murder: Zainab Bibi has given an interview with Pakistan television, where she admitted to killing, chopping up and cooking her husband

Zainab Bibi has given an interview with Pakistan television, where she admitted to killing, chopping up and cooking her husband

Police have arrested a woman in Pakistan on suspicion of murdering her husband, chopping his body to pieces and boiling it in a bid to get rid of the evidence. 

Zainab Bibi, 42, allegedly told authorities she killed her husband Ahmad Abbas because he tried to sexually assault her 17-year-old daughter from another marriage. 

She told police she sedated her husband by mixing sleeping pills in his tea and strangled him with rope before dismembering him.  

Police say they discovered her plot after neighbours complained about a bad smell coming from her home.

Bibi's 22-year-old nephew, Zaheer Ahmed, has also been arrested in connection with dismembering Abbas's body.

Pakistan's ARY News spoke to Bibi from her cell at the Shah Faisal police station, where she said: 'I killed my husband before he dared to touch my daughter.'

The alarm was raised by Bibi's landlord, Behzad, who lives on the ground floor of the two-storey Green Town house.

He was so upset by the bad cooking smells coming from upstairs that he went up to complain.

Scroll down for video

Police claim that Bibi's landlord found her at the stove, cooking a korma with flesh from her husband's arm and leg. Pictured, kitchenware from the scene is taken away for examination

Police claim that Bibi's landlord found her at the stove, cooking a korma with flesh from her husband's arm and leg. Pictured, kitchenware from the scene is taken away for examination

Police claim that he found Bibi at the stove, cooking a korma with flesh from her husband’s arm and leg - because she believed it was the only way to practically dispose of his body.

Pakistani paper The Express Tribune said Bibi had been living at the house with her 17-year-old daughter Sonia and Mr Abbas, who she married five years ago and who used to be Sonia's teacher when she was at school.

Bibi was quoted in the paper as saying: 'When he finally died, I felt shudders of fear for the first time. 

'I didn’t have the courage to approach his body for the next half an hour.

Zainab Bibi allegedly told police she sedated her husband by mixing sleeping pills in his tea and strangled him with rope before dismembering him. Above, a cleaver, large kitchen knife and chains found at the scene

Zainab Bibi allegedly told police she sedated her husband by mixing sleeping pills in his tea and strangled him with rope before dismembering him. Above, a cleaver, large kitchen knife and chains found at the scene

“It occurred to me that if I cooked the body in parts with spices and aromatic ingredients that would curb the stench.'

But she insisted she had no plans to eat the resulting dish, or to feed it to others, adding: 'I had a plan to do away with the cooked stuff by throwing it in a gutter. I would say to people that it had spoiled.'

Bibi claims she had stopped Mr Abbas from molesting her daughter on several occasions, admitting that he had never actually laid a hand on her but had said suggestive things about her when he was drunk.

The rest of Mr Abbas's body was found in an aluminium trunk on the premise.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2066277/Wife-killed-cut-cooked-husband-korma-stop-abusing-step-daughter.html#ixzz2GeNcXSc2 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

NOTE: Pakistan is an Islamic country. Punishment for rape or molestation under the shariah is death by stoning if found guilty.

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:09 PM
Replies (121-130):
Mommy2BeAmy
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:20 PM
I think you need to take a time to come to Bahrain, Dubai, ABU dhabi, Doha, Qatar, UAE so on and see how our women live you could only wish you had our life style.
I'm very happy you replied my post, it's fun to share your ignorance with my family. It's a good giggle or two we get out of your replies.

Have you ever heard if benazir Bhutto? The woman running for prime minister of Pakistan? Yes women can vote they're running for offices. They gained suffrage in 1947.

I live n Bahrain, I drive here and Pakistan btw

Quoting batmansgirl:

Mommy2BeAmy
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:25 PM
You think Pakistan thinks that low of women to agree with that garbage she wrote?

Where did you hear women have no rights and her husband can rape her daughter but she can't do anything about it??

Quoting Stephanie329:

Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Pakistan is an Islamic state, where people, not only take pride in strictly adhering to the Islamic values but are ready to sacrifice their loved belongings for the glory and sanctity of Islam. Islam has accorded a highly venerated social position to women. Islam acknowledges the rights and privileges of the women in society. Likewise, Islam does not impose any restrictions that may hamper the social growth and development of the woman. A woman is equally important member of society. The woman plays a vital role in building the society on healthier and stronger foundations.

The women in Pakistan have been constantly complaining of having being isolated from the mainstream of society. Women feel disillusioned on being maltreated by the male-oriented set up in Pakistan. They strongly claim that if they are given a chance, they can contribute more positively towards the development of all social aspects.

However the Pakistani society usually adopts a hostile attitude towards the women. Their development in society is hindered due to many factors. Particularly the rural woman has to sustain, sometimes, unbearable dominance by the other sections of society.

http://www.essortment.com/womens-rights-pakistan-36553.html

You seem to be very passionate about this topic. How do you feel about this info. Do you agree, is it BS? I'm truly curious. I'm always open to learning.

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

You think Pakistan thinks that low of women to agree with that garbage she wrote?

Where did you hear women have no rights and her husband can rape her daughter but she can't do anything about it??

Quoting Stephanie329:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dzyre1115
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:00 PM

That's just disgusting!

Mommy2BeAmy
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Some is b.s, some is actual.
There is no problem against the women in places like Balochistan, they're an easy target is what it is. You see, Pakistan is broken up into the sects you've read, NWFP, PUNJAB, SINDH, BALOCHISTAN, Etc. The ones you can say are NOT like Pakistanis are balochis, they're very very Arab like people. They are very white like Arabs, they speak Urdu, the language of Pakistan but with an Arab like accent, so it's not your average sounding, it's kind of hard to understand their Urdu. Their lifestyle, everything about them is like Arab. So they want separation from Pakistan. Pakistan won't give it, so they became hostile. When the women get bused through balochistan, you know right away if they're balochi or not by their face. If they're not wearing a face veil, they're spotted and the bus is stop, they're pulled out and shot right there dead in a line. This is how they think they're going against Pakistan and will get their freedoms.but these people, if your face isn't covered, your identity is given immediately nd u get killed, but it boils down to political reasons. Nothing religious.
With regards to women doing work in and out of the home, this is stupid. Don't women in America do the same? They wake up first, wake the Kids, dress them, feed the husband and kids, clean up, get ready, go to work, come home. Cook. Clean, feed the family, everyone goes to bed and she's the last to get to bed? So it's stupid that's all over the world not just in Pakistan, lol.

Regarding work in Baluchistan, they're loaded with fine minerals, lots of gold, they're blessed part of Pakistan so that's why a lot of field workers and fuels, gases, coal, things like that because baloch is rich with that, natural resources. And Pakistan, the corrupt country it is will risk the life of their women who need to travel through there to hold onto their riches.

I see you made it a huge point about how non restrictive Islam is to women and this is more of a country issue than is religious, good for you. Unfortunately many users on here don't understand that and think Pakistan stands entirely for Islam and everything it means when to us it's islams biggest enemy.
Quoting Stephanie329:
Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:08 AM
I appreciate this reply and the info in it. I can see the big difference between the religion from the country, I agree that many can't.

The only paragraph that I really have any issue with I will quote.

--------------------------------

"With regards to women doing work in and out of the home, this is stupid. Don't women in America do the same? They wake up first, wake the Kids, dress them, feed the husband and kids, clean up, get ready, go to work, come home. Cook. Clean, feed the family, everyone goes to bed and she's the last to get to bed? So it's stupid that's all over the world not just in Pakistan, lol."

------------------------------

The woman you describe sounds like a slave. Mom and dad should be getting up together, feeding the kids, getting them ready. They even share
house hold duties. My husband folded laundry tonight while put the dishes in, etc.

For many unhappy women, ones that I hear talk about it here, and friends in real life, they have husbands that are like babies and do nothing but eat and play video games. Their resentment towards those husbands is so palpable that you can't help thinking that you are seeing an end to the marriage soon.

If ssome wives are happy about the unbalance in their marriages, that's one thing and kudos to them.

Got off track a bit.....

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

Some is b.s, some is actual.

There is no problem against the women in places like Balochistan, they're an easy target is what it is. You see, Pakistan is broken up into the sects you've read, NWFP, PUNJAB, SINDH, BALOCHISTAN, Etc. The ones you can say are NOT like Pakistanis are balochis, they're very very Arab like people. They are very white like Arabs, they speak Urdu, the language of Pakistan but with an Arab like accent, so it's not your average sounding, it's kind of hard to understand their Urdu. Their lifestyle, everything about them is like Arab. So they want separation from Pakistan. Pakistan won't give it, so they became hostile. When the women get bused through balochistan, you know right away if they're balochi or not by their face. If they're not wearing a face veil, they're spotted and the bus is stop, they're pulled out and shot right there dead in a line. This is how they think they're going against Pakistan and will get their freedoms.but these people, if your face isn't covered, your identity is given immediately nd u get killed, but it boils down to political reasons. Nothing religious.

With regards to women doing work in and out of the home, this is stupid. Don't women in America do the same? They wake up first, wake the Kids, dress them, feed the husband and kids, clean up, get ready, go to work, come home. Cook. Clean, feed the family, everyone goes to bed and she's the last to get to bed? So it's stupid that's all over the world not just in Pakistan, lol.

Regarding work in Baluchistan, they're loaded with fine minerals, lots of gold, they're blessed part of Pakistan so that's why a lot of field workers and fuels, gases, coal, things like that because baloch is rich with that, natural resources. And Pakistan, the corrupt country it is will risk the life of their women who need to travel through there to hold onto their riches.

I see you made it a huge point about how non restrictive Islam is to women and this is more of a country issue than is religious, good for you. Unfortunately many users on here don't understand that and think Pakistan stands entirely for Islam and everything it means when to us it's islams biggest enemy.

Quoting Stephanie329:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2BeAmy
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:08 AM
I see where you're coming from but the majority, in my belief of the house work comes from the Woman. But a woman working in pakistani cultures is rare I'd say, I never see it, my SIL has a phd in biochem engineering and she never worked. They all study, abstain high degrees then just sit home. Lol....
Where I live, my whole family lives together in 1 big home. My 3 BIL, DH, 2 SIL, MIL, FIL, and our babies. So me and my sils do house work together, our husbands work. Then we usually go for shopping, go out, and come home and so...we don't do anything but chill so that's why we don't allow or ask help from our husbands. But my dh, since I had a csection, stayed up every night for he feedings, diaper changes, takes care of everything. So I'd say he does work lol...if he drinks something or eats, same with my BIL hey will clean eir own plate a lot, or fold their own laundry but we try not to let them do it...our culture I guess?? We don't feel like slaves because we don't work for a living. But if we did we'd be asking much more from them. But, either way we do get rewarded for what we do either in gold, gifts, things like that. Hope this makes sense :)

Quoting Stephanie329:
Mommy2BeAmy
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:00 AM
I've never lived there??? I thnk when u stay there months at a tme that's living. She's probably lying to prove her point, she couldn't give me where they are from r anything. Te media harps in crap like that if that happened there would've been some news or reference she could refer to but no she shied away from the question completely and dropped it.

I'm a bigot? Lmao and that's coming from YOU?! Lol

Havea great one.

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Damn she brutal, she should have just urinated in his coffee, and turned him into authorities if her allegation is true? He tried to molest daughter.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
batmansgirl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Well you don't need to be rude as if that's going to open my eyes to the errors of my ways. NOT. Only 39.6 % of women in Pakistan are literate. Thats sad. And yes I have heard of  Benazir Bhutto. She was very brave. I get that your being condescending and total support of your government is better than admiting your countries flaws.

http://www.pakistaniwomen.org/

Pakistani Women's
     Human Rights Organization

Who are we?
             Events
                   News Updates
                         Human Rights Issues - Press Releases & Articles

At a time when awareness of women’s rights has been growing worldwide, it is paradoxical that violence against women should be on the rise in countries like Pakistan. Studies by several organizations indicate a 13% increase in violence against women in Pakistan in the year 2009. In the cities of Pakistan, women’s relatively rapid economic advancement is driving a lot of local women’s rights activism. At the same time, women's rights in rural areas are on a relentless downslide with heinous woman-hating practices like forced marriages, rape, vigilante justice, acid attacks, mutilations and many such acts performed with impunity due to the Hudood Ordinance and “honor” killings which are supported locally. In this scenario, the majority of Pakistani women suffer in silence, with hardly a voice raised in protest. Pakistani Women's Human Rights Organization (PWHRO) is an organization devoted to the task of fighting for Human Rights for the women of Pakistan within the country. We also aim to bring the plight of Pakistani women under the censure of the world's Human Rights Organizations and fight for the removal of unbelievable cruel practices and laws like the Shariah Law, already in effect in several areas in Pakistan.

17 year old girl being flogged in Swat valley Pakistan.

In June 2003 the Provincial Assembly of Pakistan passed a bill introducing Sharia law in the region which borders Afghanistan. The Law declares that the Sharia, as laid down in the Holy Quran and Sunnah, to be the supreme law of the region. In April 2009 President Zardari of Pakistan signed a bill introducing the Islamic Sharia law into the Taliban-controlled Swat Valley. In Sharia, there are categories of offenses which indicate 'Hadd punishments'. They either fall under a judge's discretion, or are resolved through a tit-for-tat measure. There are five Hadd crimes: unlawful sexual intercourse, false accusation of unlawful sexual intercourse, wine drinking (sometimes extended to include all alcohol drinking), theft, and highway robbery. Punishments for Hadd offenses are flogging, stoning, amputation, exile, or execution.
Sharia dictates that a woman is not to leave the house without permission from her husband or father. Sharia paves the way for vigilante justice against women in the form of honor killings, mutilations and murders committed in retaliation for bringing dishonor on one's family, whether real or imaginary.

Karo-kari is part of the cultural tradition in Pakistan and means "black male" (Karo) and "black female (Kari), standing for adulterer and adulteress. Once labeled as a Kari, male family members get the self-authorized justification to kill her and the co-accused Karo, 'to restore family honor'. In Pakistan’s rural areas, male tribal councils (Jirgas) decide the fate of women who bring dishonor to their family. This centuries old custom for dealing with women is protected by powerful feudal landlords and tribal elders. In 2009, 472 cases of honour killings were reported - 91 in Punjab; 220 in Sindh; 32 in NWFP; 127 in Balochistan; 2 in Islamabad. Tragically, only in the rarest cases are the perpetrators brought to justice. Undocumented and unreported killings in the name of honour are often bolstered by governmental indifference, discriminatory laws and negligence on the part of Pakistan’s police force and judiciary.

In 2009, 472 cases of honour killings were reported. The count doesn't include mutilations and other such punishments.

Families of rape victims don't report the crime to the police to avoid further shame and disgrace.

Under the ordinance, women who fail to prove rape claims are charged with committing adultery, a criminal offense. The laws seem to protect rapists and punish the victims. Most women do not report the rape because they don’t expect to get justice and she is usually termed the culprit because a sexual act has been performed. The law has reportedly sent more than 20,000 mostly innocent women to prison. "The violence against women is not a new phenomenon, but incidents of gang-rape have suddenly increased in Pakistan and mostly, those who commit gang-rapes or kill women in the name of honor are influential tribesmen or feudal, therefore, they escape punishment," said Naeem Mirza, a spokesman for Pakistan's Aurat Foundation, a women's rights organization. Religious groups in Pakistan strongly oppose any changes to the law, saying it protects core Islamic values.
A third-year Christian nursing student in the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre (JPMC), Karachi was found unconscious with a head injury near Doctors’ Backyard Mess after a Medico-Legal Officer (MLO), Dr Jabbar Memon and five others allegedly raped her and threw her down from the fourth floor. The gang-rape has outraged rights groups, who say the increase in violence against women reflects the demeaning status of women in the country who are victims of a centuries-old tribal justice system.

Vicious incidents of acid attacks on women in Pakistan have been a cause of great concern and recent data shows that this heartless crime against women is reaching an all-time high in the country, where little help is found for acid victims from the law enforcing entities. The Acid Survivors Foundation (ASF) Pakistan recorded 48 cases of acid attacks in 2009. This is up from about 33 cases in 2007. 2010 does not seem to be any better for disfiguring women by acid attack.
These cases are only tip of the iceberg because many cases are unreported in Pakistan because of social stigma or desperate fear. In many such attacks the culprit is either a husband or other close relative such as brother or father, prompted by male egoistic sense of “protecting honour”, to throw acid on their women who they suspect either dishonoured the family by any of their action or just make these women victim of abysmal treatment. Though such acts of violence are banned in Pakistan no practical implementation has been seen so far. The Acid Control and Acid Crime Prevention Act, 2010 tabled in the National Assembly on January 26, 2010 seeks to establish control mechanisms over the production, sale and distribution of acids, besides seeking increase in criminal sentences for the perpetrators of such crimes. But the lax implementation of such laws is a worrisome aspect for the victims and human rights groups that are struggling for the justice.

Acid Attacks - Innocent victims of inhuman brutality. Such acts of violence are banned in Pakistan but no practical implementation has been seen so far.

The Highest Increase in the Number of Reported Cases i.e. from 280 in 2008 to 608 in 2009 was in Domestic Violence. It is a cause for concern that a nation of over 90 million women and girls, does not have a domestic violence law. Different forms of domestic violence include beating, torture, disfigurement, burning, shaving and murder. In-laws abuse and harass married women. Dowry and family-related disputes often result in death or disfigurement by burning or acid.
According to a 2008 HRCP report, 80 percent of wives in rural Punjab feared violence from their husbands, and nearly 50 percent of wives in developed urban areas admitted that their husbands beat them. The HRCP reported 52 cases of women doused with kerosene and set afire. Women who tried to report abuse faced serious challenges. Police and judges were reluctant to take action in domestic violence cases, viewing them as family problems. Police, instead of filing charges, usually responded by encouraging the parties to reconcile. Abused women usually were returned to their abusive family members. Women are reluctant to pursue charges because of the stigma attached to divorce and their economic and psychological dependence on relatives. Relatives are hesitant to report abuse for fear of dishonoring the family.

Somi Khalid, 26, Acid attack survivor in Pakistan, January, 2010.

The Tragic real life story of Fazeelat Bibi of Zafarkey.

Sher Mohammed, from the small village of Zafarkey, outside of Lahore, Pakistan, wanted to marry his 22-year-old cousin Fazeelat Bibi (left). He came with family members to ask her parents for her hand but they refused as her eldest sister was unhappily married into their family. Members of his family started to threaten her, saying they would destroy her face. On September 28, 2009, a month and a half after the rejected proposal, Fazeelat was on her way home from work at the brick kiln with her brother and elderly father, when five people had jumped out of the crops and Sher Mohammed, the man who wanted to be her husband, sliced off her nose and slashed her ear. Fazeelat's mother died of shock when she saw her daughter maimed and drenched in blood.

In the latest spate of bombings sweeping Pakistan, women have yet again become targets. First came the twin suicide bombing on the International Islamic University in Islamabad (20 October, 2009), which included an attack on the women’s canteen. On 28 October, 2009, more than 100 people were killed in the car bombing of a bazaar in Peshawar which was frequented largely by women.

The assassination of Benazir Bhutto happened on 27 December 2007 in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. Bhutto was twice Prime Minister of Pakistan from (1988 - 1990 and 1993 - 1996). She was campaigning ahead of elections due in January 2008 and was shot after a political rally at Liaquat National Bagh. A suicide bomb was detonated immediately following the shooting. Bhutto had previously survived a similar attempt on her life that killed at least 139 people, after her return from exile two months earlier.

Target killing of Benazir Bhutto, former Prime Minister of Pakistan, in Rawalpindi on 27 December 2007.

Discriminated by Laws & Ignored / Punished by Upholders of the Law   

Asma Jahangir, the United Nations special rapporteur on freedom of religion and head of the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, the country’s largest such nongovernmental group was beaten up with batons in the full glare of the news media, her shirt torn off and after he ritual public humiliation was over, she and others were dragged screaming and protesting to police stations all for the so called crime of attempting to organize a symbolic mixed-gender mini-marathon on May 14, 2005. Tensions boiled over, as Islamist groups and supporters of the political Islamist alliance Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal (MMA) armed with firearms, batons and Molotov cocktails, violently opposed the race, and Jahangir received especially rough treatment from local police and intelligence agents. A police officer told Jahangir that they had orders to be strict and to tear off the participant’s clothes.

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

I think you need to take a time to come to Bahrain, Dubai, ABU dhabi, Doha, Qatar, UAE so on and see how our women live you could only wish you had our life style.
I'm very happy you replied my post, it's fun to share your ignorance with my family. It's a good giggle or two we get out of your replies.

Have you ever heard if benazir Bhutto? The woman running for prime minister of Pakistan? Yes women can vote they're running for offices. They gained suffrage in 1947.

I live n Bahrain, I drive here and Pakistan btw

Quoting batmansgirl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured