Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have any New Yrs. resolutions, goals etc.?

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:36 PM
  • 35 Replies
2 moms liked this

I've been thinking about this one for the past few days.  I usually just call it goals.  It usually really works for me when I set goals for myself for the new yr.  Last yr. I think I accomplished my most important ones.  So, far I'm on path to my 'new' ones this yr.  What are yours, if you believe in them or have any?  Mine are:

1.  I started back sewing again & crafts.  My daughter actually got me started.  We spent 8 days together for Christmas.  We worked together making a skirt for her.  She handed painted a Precious Moments with a Christmas tree, we did our 'traditional' painted ornaments for the tree & she painted a wooden snow man.  We also looked through a site of hand-made items.  We went to JoAnns & Walmart, bought materials & access.  Now I'm going to make some hand-made purses.  So, this 2013 I'm hoping I accomplish these goals.  Also, learn some more crafts.  I bought some pretty material to start a quilt, I always wanted to do that.  (has a Asian theme).  Plus, some warm blankets for my grandsons.

2.  Increase my swimming laps to 50 & consistent on going 3 times a wk.  Increase my hiking as well.  Doing some more 'difficult' hikes.

3.  Look for a p/t job seriously.  Perhaps, go back to school to get my CNA/HHA Cert.

4.  Continue to do my volunteer work & perhaps add to it.  Perhaps, I can look further into working in a hospital helping kids with cancer.  Get my 2 dogs Certified to take them to visit Seniors in a rest room.

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mipsy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:43 AM
2 moms liked this

Our goals for this next yr just happen to coincide with the new year honestly, but we are hoping to get our son to Cincinnati for special testing on his intestines, find out his underlying diagnosis, and get him a seizure response dog. I also want to get more involved in my community, play outside more with my son, and cherish every moment with my little family :)

mamaslove4ever
by New Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:46 AM

1. get on a good normal scedual 

2. make sure my daughter makes it to school on time everyday

3. start some sort of fitness program so it can help with my depretion and after baby weight.

4. make sure my kids are on a good scedual.

I suck at them but i know its good for kids

FrauPineapple
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this
To eat a more natural diet.

To spend more quality time with my daughter.

To quit smoking cigarettes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polyhymia
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

1. cliche i know, but lose weight (down 40 lbs in 2012 would like the rest to go away in 2013 :))

2. paint more

3. calm down a bit, work on stress levels 

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:15 AM
4 moms liked this

I was going to try and be a nicer person, but some of the idiocy in this country, perpetuated by people who would want to deny others rights, has kind of killed that..

So, I am simply going to strive to piss as many people off as possible.

doneal
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Work on my spending this year.

Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I want to continue on my weight loss journey (so far successful). I want to keep growing as an individual, trying and learning new things.

Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Good one, I need to do that too.

Quoting doneal:

Work on my spending this year.

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
romalove
by Roma on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Increase business

Decrease spending

Waste less

Spend some time doing something I like every day

Put together 2 year, 6 year, and 10 year plans

Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

lol

Quoting Sekirei:

I was going to try and be a nicer person, but some of the idiocy in this country, perpetuated by people who would want to deny others rights, has kind of killed that..

So, I am simply going to strive to piss as many people off as possible.

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured