Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

::UPDATE:: Man who started petition has MELTDOWN on TV! Deport the limey bast@rd

Man behind ‘Deport Piers Morgan’ petition has meltdown on Morgan’s show

Alex Jones, the conservative talk radio host who launched a petition to deport CNN prime-time host Piers Morgan over the British citizen's views on gun control, had what you might conservatively call a wee bit of a meltdown during an interview on Morgan's show Monday night.

Jones, whose petition has generated more than 100,000 signatures since being posted last month on the White House's "We The People" website, lashed out at Morgan over his public calls for tighter gun regulations in the wake of last month's shootings in Newtown, Conn., where 26 people—including 20 children—were killed by a gunman at an elementary school.

"The Second Amendment isn't there for duck hunting," a relatively calm Jones said at the beginning of a two-part, 15-minute interview. "It's there to protect us from tyrannical government and street thugs."

But things escalated rather quickly, with the interview becoming a one-sided, pro-gun tirade. Jones cut off Morgan at nearly every turn.

"I'm here to tell you," Jones yelled, pointing his finger at the talk show host, "1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms!"

The 38-year-old Texan continued, "America was born on guns and whiskey. It's true we're a violent society. ... You're a foreigner. You're a redcoat. You're telling us what to do."

"You finished?" a visibly stunned Morgan asked Jones at one point.

Jones also accused Morgan of fleeing to the U.S. to evade questions about the U.K. phone hacking scandal. "You're a hatchet man of a New World Order," Jones said.

Meanwhile, Jones added, England is becoming a police state. “You have hordes of people burning down cities and beating old women’s brains out every day,” Jones stammered. "They arrest people in England if they defend themselves."

Watch both parts below.

Thousands sign US petition to deport Piers Morgan

<p>               FILE - In this Dec. 20, 2011 file photo, Piers Morgan, host of CNN's

Associated Press -

FILE - In this Dec. 20, 2011 file photo, Piers Morgan, host of CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight," leaves the CNN building in Los Angeles. More than 31,400 …more

LONDON (AP) -- Tens of thousands of people have signed a petition calling for British CNN host Piers Morgan to be deported from the U.S. over his gun control views.

Morgan has taken an aggressive stand for tighter U.S. gun laws in the wake of the Newtown, Connecticut, school shooting. Last week, he called a gun advocate appearing on his "Piers Morgan Tonight" show an "unbelievably stupid man."

Now, gun rights activists are fighting back. A petition created Dec. 21 on the White House e-petition website by a user in Texas accuses Morgan of engaging in a "hostile attack against the U.S. Constitution" by targeting the Second Amendment. It demands he be deported immediately for "exploiting his position as a national network television host to stage attacks against the rights of American citizens."

The petition has already hit the 25,000 signature threshold to get a White House response. By Monday, it had 31,813 signatures.

Morgan seemed unfazed — and even amused — by the movement.

In a series of Twitter messages, he alternately urged his followers to sign the petition and in response to one article about the petition said "bring it on" as he appeared to track the petition's progress.

"If I do get deported from America for wanting fewer gun murders, are there any other countries that will have me?" he wrote.

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Replies (31-40):
MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I'd be amused if I were him, too.  Seriously?  Deport him for having an opinion?  I can't say I agree with him, however, he is NOT a person I would go after to deport.  Let's see....he has a job, he's NOT here illegally, he's not living off taxpayers and he's not a `squatter'.  Deport the correct ones and learn the difference between the two.

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Technically you are correct , Britain is not a part of the European Continent..however the original statement was that Piers was not European....He is because technically again England is part of Europe

Quoting lga1965:

They are NOT attached to Europe---they are ISLANDS separated by water----get it? Politically they belong to the EU but they are not physically attached to the continent of Europe. Just as Hawaii might be a United State but they are not part of the Continent of North America,not on United States soil.... Just as England, Ireland,Scotland and Wales are not part of the continent of Europe. To be a part of the continent of Europe, you would have to be able to walk on the soil, on the land, from England to France, for example.

Quoting turtle68:

Islands make up part of a continent area :-) 

Northern Ireland is part of Britain.  Ireland is part of Europe

Quoting lga1965:

No. England on an island,The British Isles  are made up of England,Scotland,Ireland and Wales. There is the English Channel , water, that separates it from Europe.

Europe is a continent that includes France,Belgium,Germany,Holland,and any other countries , totally separate from the Britsh Isles.I will post a MAP:

Quoting Bookwormy:

I'm pretty sure England is in the continent Europe. Anywhoo...

Quoting lga1965:

Yup-people are either suing for no reason or starting stupid petitions.

Actually, Piers is from Great Britain,the United Kingdom. England.  So he's not European. He is British. I like him.

And I am anti-gun too and I also support the evidence that the original 2nd Amendment was designed to give members of a Militia to bear arms, not ALL citizens.

Paperfishies
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't agree with him but wanting him deported is ridiculous. He has a right to voice his ridiculous opinions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:00 PM

there are 5 island countries / nations in Europe.  Iceland, United Kingdom, Cyprus, Ireland and Malta

Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Oh how silly. Now that it's 2013, one of my resolutions is to see less stupid petitions.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

How come everyone else gets an opinion but him?

darlingdaisy
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:18 PM

He's paid to state his opinion.  Who cares?  If you don't like him, use your remote.

Godgaveme4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Do people really pay attention to these stupid petitions. I mean there are petitions for everything now a days. It is a little out of hand. And they are for things that are petty and silly. It has gotten to the point where I ignore all petitions now. They have lost their meaning for me.

I don't like this guy and I disagree with him but that does not mean he should be deported. Having a differing opinion is not against the law.

And there isn't anyone in this country that does not want to see less murders. I just don't agree with his ideas.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Oh for cripes sake.  Seriously, people said that?  Did they miss America 101?  Freedom of speech, land of immigrants, etc.

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:00 PM

If you really want to get technical, there are actually three distinct meanings of "continent", and whether Britain counts as part of the continent of Europe depends on which definition you are using:

The narrowest meaning of continent is that of a continuous[5] area of land or mainland, with the coastline and any land boundaries forming the edge of the continent. In this sense the term continental Europe (sometimes "the Continent") is used to refer to mainland Europe, excluding islands such as Great Britain, Ireland, and Iceland, and the term continent of Australia may refer to the mainland of Australia, excluding Tasmania and New Guinea. Similarly, the continental United States refers to the 48 contiguous states in central North America and may include Alaska in the northwest of the continent (the two being separated by Canada), while excluding Hawaii in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

From the perspective of geology or physical geography, continent may be extended beyond the confines of continuous dry land to include the shallow, submerged adjacent area (the continental shelf)[6] and the islands on the shelf (continental islands), as they are structurally part of the continent.[7] From this perspective the edge of the continental shelf is the true edge of the continent, as shorelines vary with changes in sea level.[8] In this sense the islands of Great Britain and Ireland are part of Europe, while Australia and the island of New Guinea together form a continent.

As a cultural construct, the concept of a continent may go beyond the continental shelf to include oceanic islands and continental fragments. In this way, Iceland is considered part of Europe and Madagascar part of Africa. Extrapolating the concept to its extreme, some geographers group the Australasian continental plate with other islands in the Pacific into one continent called Oceania. This allows the entire land surface of the Earth to be divided into continents or quasi-continents.[9]

And that's not even starting on the different things "Europe" can refer to.

Quoting lga1965:

They are NOT attached to Europe---they are ISLANDS separated by water----get it? Politically they belong to the EU but they are not physically attached to the continent of Europe. Just as Hawaii might be a United State but they are not part of the Continent of North America,not on United States soil.... Just as England, Ireland,Scotland and Wales are not part of the continent of Europe. To be a part of the continent of Europe, you would have to be able to walk on the soil, on the land, from England to France, for example.

Quoting turtle68:

Islands make up part of a continent area :-) 

Northern Ireland is part of Britain.  Ireland is part of Europe

Quoting lga1965:

No. England on an island,The British Isles  are made up of England,Scotland,Ireland and Wales. There is the English Channel , water, that separates it from Europe.

Europe is a continent that includes France,Belgium,Germany,Holland,and any other countries , totally separate from the Britsh Isles.I will post a MAP:

Quoting Bookwormy:

I'm pretty sure England is in the continent Europe. Anywhoo...

Quoting lga1965:

Yup-people are either suing for no reason or starting stupid petitions.

Actually, Piers is from Great Britain,the United Kingdom. England.  So he's not European. He is British. I like him.

And I am anti-gun too and I also support the evidence that the original 2nd Amendment was designed to give members of a Militia to bear arms, not ALL citizens.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured