Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

White House Petition to set term limits on....

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:11 PM
  • 41 Replies

Members of Congress and members of the Senate. It needs 25,000 signatures by Jan 31st. Please sign!!!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/term-limits-congressional-and-senate-members/NzXYVkxg

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Claire-Huxtable
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Bullshit.

Term limits are every two years.

Armymom134
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you are missing the point, this peition is to limit individuals to only serving two terms total, just like the president.

Claire-Huxtable
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:17 PM
3 moms liked this

I am not missing the point.  It is bullshit to tell me that I can't vote for someone simply because they have served a certain amount of time.

And before you ask, I think the two terms for the President is bullshit as well.

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate term limits.

Thanks but i can decide when i am done having someone represent me. Thats why we have regularly scheduled elections, impeachment and recall procedures.

Godgaveme4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:32 PM
No thanks on the petition. They really are getting out of hand.

I agree that some politicians have been in office too long. And I can see where term limits would be beneficial. Sometimes it is nice to get some new ideas and blood in there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Godgaveme4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Term limits are important.

Quoting UpSheRises:

I hate term limits.

Thanks but i can decide when i am done having someone represent me. Thats why we have regularly scheduled elections, impeachment and recall procedures.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Aamy
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Nope.

Claire-Huxtable
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Term limits happen at the ballot box.   You have no reason to tell me that my representative has served too long.

Quoting Godgaveme4:

Term limits are important.

Quoting UpSheRises:

I hate term limits.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Oh for goodness sakes.

Armymom134
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

I am not missing the point.  It is bullshit to tell me that I can't vote for someone simply because they have served a certain amount of time.

And before you ask, I think the two terms for the President is bullshit as well.

We have them for the president, I don't see why all elected officals shouldn't have them. To each their own.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)