Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Connecticut lawyer withdraws $100M lawsuit over Newtown school massacre

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:21 AM
  • 12 Replies

 

January 1, 2013 2:20 PM

Connecticut lawyer withdraws $100M lawsuit over Newtown school massacre

By
Crimesider Staff
Topics
Daily Blotter
A child looks out of a bus window as it passes by St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church, where the funeral of James Mattioli, 6, was taking place Dec. 18, 2012, in Newtown, Conn.

A child looks out of a bus window Dec. 18, 2012, in Newtown, Conn.

/ AFP/Getty Images

(CBS/AP) HARTFORD, Conn. - A Connecticut attorney seeking to sue the state for $100 million on behalf of a 6-year-old survivor of the Newtown school massacre has withdrawn the claim - at least for now.

 

Pictures: Conn. elementary school shooting

Pictures: Mass shootings in 2012

 

 

 

The Stamford Advocate reports that Irving Pinsky withdrew the lawsuit but says he might refile. He says he received new evidence on security at Sandy Hook Elementary School and is reviewing it.

 

Pinsky last week asked to sue the state, saying his client suffered "emotional and psychological trauma and injury" during the shooting rampage that killed 20 children and six adults. He says state officials failed to prevent his client from foreseeable harm.

 

The state attorney general said Monday there appears to be no basis to support the suit or the state's liability.

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rfurlongg
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:53 AM

I am glad to hear that. 

funlovinlady
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:54 AM
6 moms liked this
I am glad to see they are withdrawing. Those parents should be so grateful that they have a child to tuck in every night.
Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:09 AM

 Good

greenie63
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Good, he knew he didn't have a case. 

gammie
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:56 AM

He did not have a case. The school did everything right and the principal tried to stop the shooter instead she and others got killed.

happinessforyou
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I'm ok with him being fired for it too..... just ridiculous IMO.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Glad to hear this.

Mamapanda1030
by New Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Agreed. I'd just be thankful for having my child home with me. 

Quoting funlovinlady:

I am glad to see they are withdrawing. Those parents should be so grateful that they have a child to tuck in every night.


Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I hate that he's reviewing new info. I dislike the suit. I had hoped that any money contributed by the town/state would be set up appropriately for victims to receive counseling etc.

smushy79
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:05 PM

 Good. When I read that someone was suing it made me so mad!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)



Featured