Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

2% Payroll Tax Reduction to End

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:45 PM
  • 72 Replies
For the last 2 years we have received a 2% payroll tax reduction on our first $113K earned. I know that my partner & I will miss that 2% in our paychecks. Anyone else?

Maybe we should have fallen off the darn cliff & waited for the new Congree to start tomorrow. I still think that there shouldn't have been any tax cuts for those making above $250K. Now Obama has no bargaining power to protect Social Security, Medicaid, & Medicare either. This is going to bite him on the tushy later.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Can't wait to see Obama bit in the tushy. 

Aivlys_
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol... Why start at the ones making $250k and above why not $100k and above... Lol
smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Quoting Aivlys_:

Lol... Why start at the ones making $250k and above why not $100k and above... Lol

I think it was raised  for those making 400k and above. 

JamesMom714
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:21 PM
2 moms liked this
And all they did was push the "crisis" 2 months down the road. Our congress creates their own crisis... It is maddening!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aivlys_
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Oh yes. I know, I Was just wondering, why op didn't want to lower taxes from $250k. Lol

Quoting smalltowngal:

Quoting Aivlys_:

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:23 PM
4 moms liked this
Make those that contribute pay even more for the flipping takers that provide nothing but more kids, crime, and sloth.
Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Because $100K is middle class & $250K is upper class. Big dif!

Quoting Aivlys_:

Oh yes. I know, I Was just wondering, why op didn't want to lower taxes from $250k. Lol

Quoting smalltowngal:

Quoting Aivlys_:

Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:28 PM
3 moms liked this
Usmiddle class citizens contribute greatly already. And we are now paying 2% more again as well! We don't contribute nothing but more kids, crime, & sloth! Sounds like everyone, the poor, working poor, middle class, & rich to me!

Quoting talia-mom:

Make those that contribute pay even more for the flipping takers that provide nothing but more kids, crime, and sloth.

Aivlys_
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Lol.. so I am upper class then and should pay more. This is the only country in the world that rewards mediocrity.. thankfully I am prepared and aren't worried of paying for more Crap taxes (ACA).

Quoting Bookwormy:

Because $100K is middle class & $250K is upper class. Big dif!

Quoting Aivlys_:

Quoting smalltowngal:

Quoting Aivlys_:

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:33 PM
3 moms liked this

If you pay, you pay.   However, way too many in this country do not pay anything and believe it is their right to have as many kids as they want while others support them.

It is crap.   Every single thing in the government needs to be cut 20% at a minimum.  Millions are tired of paying for those who just take and take and take then try to justify the fact they are worthless and don't provide for themselves.

Quoting Bookwormy:

Usmiddle class citizens contribute greatly already. And we are now paying 2% more again as well! We don't contribute nothing but more kids, crime, & sloth! Sounds like everyone, the poor, working poor, middle class, & rich to me!

Quoting talia-mom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN