Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

2% Payroll Tax Reduction to End

Posted by   + Show Post
For the last 2 years we have received a 2% payroll tax reduction on our first $113K earned. I know that my partner & I will miss that 2% in our paychecks. Anyone else?

Maybe we should have fallen off the darn cliff & waited for the new Congree to start tomorrow. I still think that there shouldn't have been any tax cuts for those making above $250K. Now Obama has no bargaining power to protect Social Security, Medicaid, & Medicare either. This is going to bite him on the tushy later.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Replies (11-20):
Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:33 PM
France has a *huge* tax on the wealthy right now. Glad to see how patriotic & charitable our wealthy are.

Quoting Aivlys_:

Lol.. so I am upper class then and should pay more. This is the only country in the world that rewards mediocrity.. thankfully I am prepared and aren't worried of paying for more Crap taxes (ACA).

Quoting Bookwormy:

Because $100K is middle class & $250K is upper class. Big dif!

Quoting Aivlys_:

Oh yes. I know, I Was just wondering, why op didn't want to lower taxes from $250k. Lol

Quoting smalltowngal:

Quoting Aivlys_:

Lol... Why start at the ones making $250k and above why not $100k and above... Lol

I think it was raised  for those making 400k and above. 

Aivlys_
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Exactly!

Quoting talia-mom:

Make those that contribute pay even more for the flipping takers that provide nothing but more kids, crime, and sloth.

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Huge difference between choosing to donate and being forced to donate.   The rich give plenty in charity, just like the middle class, and the poor.

BTW, the truly rich in France are fleeing.   The government will be screwed.

Quoting Bookwormy:

France has a *huge* tax on the wealthy right now. Glad to see how patriotic & charitable our wealthy are.

Quoting Aivlys_:

Lol.. so I am upper class then and should pay more. This is the only country in the world that rewards mediocrity.. thankfully I am prepared and aren't worried of paying for more Crap taxes (ACA).

Quoting Bookwormy:

Quoting Aivlys_:

Oh yes. I know, I Was just wondering, why op didn't want to lower taxes from $250k. Lol

Quoting smalltowngal:

Quoting Aivlys_:

Lol... Why start at the ones making $250k and above why not $100k and above... Lol

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:36 PM
2 moms liked this

What?

Quoting talia-mom:

Make those that contribute pay even more for the flipping takers that provide nothing but more kids, crime, and sloth.

Aivlys_
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Yes and its ridiculous, France is going down the drain! So since Dh and I chose wise thriving careers and make over what you think is rich, we should pay more! Hmmm.. I am sure those making under 100k think you are rich too.. I know you are not rich and depending where you live it isn't much. I am not rich, we are very comfortable and we live in California, 4 kids,.... But Rich, NO!

Quoting Bookwormy:

Quoting Aivlys_:

Quoting Bookwormy:

Quoting Aivlys_:

Quoting smalltowngal:

Quoting Aivlys_:

Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Reality is that everyone who gets a paycheck will notice that there first $113K, for many of us, that's *all* of our income, is going down by 2%.

Clearly the wealthy on this board are unconcerned. Got it. Thanks for playing. I'm concerned. I'm not wealthy. I need my pay check. All of it that I can get. & all of my partner's is needed too. We are solidly middle class. (Unless you consider me a single mom & her single, since we can't marry in TX, but let's say we are a solidly middle class, 2 income 1 child family.). 2% isn't a ton but it isn't nothing.

The wealthy can get stuck on my opinion which didn't come to pass. Reality is the the working poor & middle class just got a 2% pay check cut we weren't really expecting.
Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:46 PM
If you chose to live somewhere with a more reasonable cost of living and if you chose to have a smaller family like myself, you would be wealthy. No choice I make will make my income wealthy in the US. I do live in a much lower cost area than you & have one child. I'm middle class. We make less than $100K & *know* that $100K is middle class even though it is more than I make.

But the real point of my OP was that our pay checks are going down by 2%! Does that bother you? It bothers me!

Quoting Aivlys_:

Yes and its ridiculous, France is going down the drain! So since Dh and I chose wise thriving careers and make over what you think is rich, we should pay more! Hmmm.. I am sure those making under 100k think you are rich too.. I know you are not rich and depending where you live it isn't much. I am not rich, we are very comfortable and we live in California, 4 kids,.... But Rich, NO!

Quoting Bookwormy:

Quoting Aivlys_:

Quoting Bookwormy:

Quoting Aivlys_:

Quoting smalltowngal:

Quoting Aivlys_:

Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:50 PM
When you write patently offensive things on this thread, the rest of your comments cease to worth reading.

Quoting talia-mom:

Huge difference between choosing to donate and being forced to donate.   The rich give plenty in charity, just like the middle class, and the poor.

Quoting Bookwormy:

Quoting Aivlys_:

Quoting Bookwormy:

Quoting Aivlys_:

Quoting smalltowngal:

Quoting Aivlys_:

Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:51 PM
She thought a classist comment was appropriate.

Quoting stacymomof2:

What?

Quoting talia-mom:

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:53 PM

I can't help it if the truth is offensive to you.

You want my family to pay a higher percentage in taxes than your family.   I am simply pointing out that part of it is going to help those that contribute nothing but more kids.

Not my issue if you want to let these people have kids they can't care for with no responsibility of their own.

Quoting Bookwormy:

When you write patently offensive things on this thread, the rest of your comments cease to worth reading.

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting Bookwormy:

Quoting Aivlys_:

Quoting Bookwormy:

Quoting Aivlys_:

Quoting smalltowngal:

Quoting Aivlys_:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)