Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Dad drinks while Mom is Pregnant..Fair?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:56 PM
  • 165 Replies

My husband I use to enjoy an adult beverage togther a few times a week..sometimes it was a happy hour drink or just a glass of wine with dinner. Now WE are pregnant and he doesnt understand that even though it may have been a stressful day at work for him and a glass of wine sounds great, I had the same amount of stess and can't have the relaxing glass of wine. I've metioned this to him and it didnt get a great response. Suggestions on explaing why this isn't fair? Or should I just drop it? 

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:58 PM
16 moms liked this

Drop it. I don't make my husband eat a sugar free diet and I am stuck not eating sweets for the rest of my. 

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:58 PM
13 moms liked this
Maybe it's just me, but I didn't expect my husband to give up alcohol simply because I was pregnant. The thought didn't cross my mind, and it didn't bother me either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maciymommieof3
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:00 PM

drop it. (at least I would)..... I was so sick w/morning sickness the smell of alcohol made me gag and when he would drink I could not stand the smell of him!

mommajen32
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Drop it. 

alliesaurus
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:03 PM
3 moms liked this
Drop it. On the flip side it's unfair of you to restrict him. Unless you are an alcoholic and him having wine around you is a severe temptation that you just can't handle, I'd let it be.
My only cut off is that just because I am pregnant does not make me the voluntary DD every time lol.
Roo1234
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:04 PM
5 moms liked this
Fair is not equal.
I would stop keeping score because you will never feel like you are winning and it will only create unfounded resentment.
Paperfishies
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:06 PM
12 moms liked this
Drop it. This is seriously the dumbest thing I have ever heard. If you were going to miss drinking this much to make it an issue to whine about, you shouldn't have gotten pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:07 PM
2 moms liked this

He is not pregnant!   WHy should he stop drinking?

SaraLovesEli29
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
It doesn't bother me. Drop it. The whole WE are pregnant thing is a stupid outlook. That's like bitching because he can drink energy drinks and you can't, so you make him stop drinking those too. Pick your battles. If it bothers you that much, make him go to a friends house, drink, and make him stay the night there so you don't have to deal being around him while he is drinking. If you trust him, that is. That's what my husband does, and I like it that way. Just a suggestion.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Drop it. Choose which battles to fight and this is one of the "not really worth it" arguments.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN