Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Boehner told Reid to 'Go F*&k Yourself'

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:33 AM
  • 59 Replies

Fiscal cliff negotiations between House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) reportedly got heated last Friday.

According to Politico, several sources claimed to have overheard a verbal altercation between the two men in the White House lobby.

With no bipartisan agreement about the debt ceiling, spending cuts and tax increases in sight, Boehner reportedly pointed at Reid and said, "Go f**k yourself."

"What are you talking about?" Reid asked.

And Boehner again said, "Go f**k yourself."

The encounter occurred soon after Reid took to the Senate floor and argued that Boehner could have ended the fiscal cliff standoff by bringing up legislation passed by the Senate for a vote. Reid also accused Boehner of catering to members of his party rather than serving the country.

"The American people I don't think understand the House of Representatives is operating without the House of Representatives," Reid said. "It's being operated by a dictatorship of the speaker, not allowing the vast majority of the House of Representatives to get what they want."

Despite the name-calling and angry rhetoric, a deal on the fiscal cliff was approved by both houses of Congress on Jan. 1. The Senate passed the bill at 2 a.m. and the House followed suit 20 hours later.

LINK

Boehner must have gone to the Cheney school of workplace civility. I'm not fan of Reid but this is totally out of line. I've seen Republicans defending it but if a Dem did the same they would have a fit and call for his resignation. I remember when Kerry used the f word in a Rolling Stone interview and so many on the right were appalled about how unpresidential that was. The very same people cheered when Cheney told Leahy to eff himself on the floor of the Senate.

What do you think? Is this out of line or just co-workers venting? Or did Reid have it coming and Boehner was totally justified and in the right?

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gammie
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:38 AM
3 moms liked this
I think they all should " Go F$&k themselves" and take your President !!!
lovemyfriend
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:43 AM
2 moms liked this

i work in my states capitol....i'm sick of all of it.

first of all, i'm not allowed to take any vacation during session.  at all.  but they're allowed to do whatever they want.  I'm sick of watching it.

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:47 AM

deplorable behavior he should be made to step down

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting gammie:

I think they all should " Go F$&k themselves" and take your President !!!

He's your president too. If you are trying to imply I voted for him, you would be mistaken. I voted Johnson.

I agree with the sentiment but these are supposed to be grown adults, our nations representatives. I expect better, from ALL of them.

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting glitterteaz:

deplorable behavior he should be made to step down

There is a rumor that he is going to but, we'll see.

gdiamante
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Sheesh. I drop an f-bomb at work and I get a talking-to! Perhaps if it happens again I should refer my boss to the "gentlemen" of the United States Congress?

bellawomen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:31 AM

There you have it folks, the "leaders" of the nation.  Classy.

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Our house of reps are banned from using inappropriate language....they must apologize to the floor and remove themselves for x amount of time.

Having the speaker use and address a member of the senate in that way is appalling and disturbing that they seem to think they are above everyone else....weird.

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:34 AM
3 moms liked this

Your tax dollars at work again.

Today, we get these low-class idiots.

Back in the day, intelligent people like Winston Churchill could insult his political enemies with class.  It takes actual brainpower to do that.  The FU stuff is the work of very lazy minds.

“He is a self-made man and worships his creator.”

He inherited some good instincts from his Quaker forebears, but by diligent hard work, he overcame them."

He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any one I know."

“He has never been known to use a word that might send a reader to the dictionary.”

“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.”

survivorinohio
by René on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting TranquilMind:

Your tax dollars at work again.

Today, we get these low-class idiots.

Back in the day, intelligent people like Winston Churchill could insult his political enemies with class.  It takes actual brainpower to do that.  The FU stuff is the work of very lazy minds.

“He is a self-made man and worships his creator.”

He inherited some good instincts from his Quaker forebears, but by diligent hard work, he overcame them."

He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any one I know."

“He has never been known to use a word that might send a reader to the dictionary.”

“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.”

I agree, class and brains are in short supply it would seem.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN