Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boehner told Reid to 'Go F*&k Yourself'

Posted by   + Show Post

Fiscal cliff negotiations between House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) reportedly got heated last Friday.

According to Politico, several sources claimed to have overheard a verbal altercation between the two men in the White House lobby.

With no bipartisan agreement about the debt ceiling, spending cuts and tax increases in sight, Boehner reportedly pointed at Reid and said, "Go f**k yourself."

"What are you talking about?" Reid asked.

And Boehner again said, "Go f**k yourself."

The encounter occurred soon after Reid took to the Senate floor and argued that Boehner could have ended the fiscal cliff standoff by bringing up legislation passed by the Senate for a vote. Reid also accused Boehner of catering to members of his party rather than serving the country.

"The American people I don't think understand the House of Representatives is operating without the House of Representatives," Reid said. "It's being operated by a dictatorship of the speaker, not allowing the vast majority of the House of Representatives to get what they want."

Despite the name-calling and angry rhetoric, a deal on the fiscal cliff was approved by both houses of Congress on Jan. 1. The Senate passed the bill at 2 a.m. and the House followed suit 20 hours later.

LINK

Boehner must have gone to the Cheney school of workplace civility. I'm not fan of Reid but this is totally out of line. I've seen Republicans defending it but if a Dem did the same they would have a fit and call for his resignation. I remember when Kerry used the f word in a Rolling Stone interview and so many on the right were appalled about how unpresidential that was. The very same people cheered when Cheney told Leahy to eff himself on the floor of the Senate.

What do you think? Is this out of line or just co-workers venting? Or did Reid have it coming and Boehner was totally justified and in the right?

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Replies (11-20):
prommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Yup...and I bet people on the other side of the aisle never, ever use that kind of language.

shimamab
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:14 AM
I don't know what the rules on the floor are, but if he broke them, he should be reprimanded. Outside of that, they are all adults and some salty language (behind closed doors) isn't shocking to me. He certainly didn't do himself or the house any favors with that display, though. Their approval rating is already dismal and hearing this kind of exchange rather than intelligent debate isn't helping.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
meriana
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Quoting TranquilMind:

Your tax dollars at work again.

Today, we get these low-class idiots.

Back in the day, intelligent people like Winston Churchill could insult his political enemies with class.  It takes actual brainpower to do that.  The FU stuff is the work of very lazy minds.

“He is a self-made man and worships his creator.”

He inherited some good instincts from his Quaker forebears, but by diligent hard work, he overcame them."

He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any one I know."

“He has never been known to use a word that might send a reader to the dictionary.”

He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.”

I love these two. My Dh, not having the flair for words that Churchill had, used to say, "if his IQ was one point lower, he'd be a rock", and substitute his for you, your, her, depending on who he was speaking to or about.

Boehner has always struck me as a spoiled child in adult clothing..

Simmeringhearts
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Boehner was venting. Reid goes around running his mouth all the time. Uncalled for and I would fire an employee for using such language. But, I would have already fired Reid for lying.

candlegal
by Judy on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:52 AM
lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:00 AM
3 moms liked this

I don't give a fuck what language they use I just want ALL of them to quit thinking about themselves and start doing the job they are paid to do. 

gammie
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:09 AM

NO,  their president, was not talking about you.

They live in their own little world just thinking how they can F&*k us up. All they worried about is their job not doing a good job!!

Quoting Friday:

Quoting gammie:

I think they all should " Go F$&k themselves" and take your President !!!

He's your president too. If you are trying to imply I voted for him, you would be mistaken. I voted Johnson.

I agree with the sentiment but these are supposed to be grown adults, our nations representatives. I expect better, from ALL of them.

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

This doesn't really bother me and I rarely cuss. I feel like this is one of those topics that just distracts us from the real issues like we haven't come close to fixing our debt crisis. 

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:21 AM
2 moms liked this

You see the Irony in calling him, "Their" President and then implying They live in their own little world?

Unless you live in your own little world, he is your President as well.

Quoting gammie:

NO,  their president, was not talking about you.

They live in their own little world just thinking how they can F&*k us up. All they worried about is their job not doing a good job!!

Quoting Friday:

Quoting gammie:

I think they all should " Go F$&k themselves" and take your President !!!

He's your president too. If you are trying to imply I voted for him, you would be mistaken. I voted Johnson.

I agree with the sentiment but these are supposed to be grown adults, our nations representatives. I expect better, from ALL of them.

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:25 AM

This.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

I don't give a fuck what language they use I just want ALL of them to quit thinking about themselves and start doing the job they are paid to do. 

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured