Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

More people killed with HAMMERS each year than rifles and shotguns

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:44 PM
  • 66 Replies

Thoughts?

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/01/03/fbi-hammers-clubs-kill-more-people-than-rifles-shotguns/

FBI: Hammers, Clubs Kill More People Than Rifles, Shotguns

WASHINGTON (CBS DC) – Annual FBI crime statistics show that more people are killed with clubs and hammers each year than by rifles or shotguns.

In 2011, there were 323 murders committed with a rifle but 496 murders committed with hammers and clubs. There were 356 murders in which a shotgun was the deadly weapon of choice.

The national debate on guns has grown more intense since Dec. 14, when Adam Lanza forced his way into Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., and killed 20 children and six adults before committing suicide in one of the deadliest school shootings in U.S. history.

The FBI report concedes that some of the “murder by rifle” statistics should be increased slightly because some murders don’t take non-categorized types of guns into account. However, the data still shows that the amount of people killed by hammers, clubs and other blunt instruments still continues to rise each year.

http://nation.foxnews.com/gun-rights/2013/01/03/fbi-more-people-killed-hammers-clubs-each-year-rifles

Another interesting fact: According to the FBI, nearly twice as many people are killed by hands and fists each year than are killed by murderers who use rifles.

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aivlys_
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:49 PM
6 moms liked this
Interesting... I will not have my hammer taken from me..... Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Guess the far left will be demanding the outlaw of hammers soon.

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:51 PM
3 moms liked this
They can have my hammer when they pry it out of my cold dead hands!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:54 PM
3 moms liked this

I want everyone to take hammer saftey classes! Also, I want strict guidelines put in place for all people who choose to buy a hammer!

ANSLUASI
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:55 PM
8 moms liked this

Which one was used to kill this poor horse?

Healthystart30
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:56 PM
So 323 with rifles and 356 with shotguns= 679! 8583 people were murdered with guns last year. Something needs to be done, and no! more guns is not the answer because we already have 88 guns per 100 people. 12664 murders all together, so even if the rest of them were committed with clubs and hammers and knives you still have twice as many killed with guns!
Happymamax2
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:57 PM
5 moms liked this

Lanza would have had a hard time killing so many children with a hammer....  

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Quoting Happymamax2:

Lanza would have had a hard time killing so many children with a hammer....  

jaw drop

LucyMom08
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:01 PM
2 moms liked this

What a misleading article...rifles OR shotguns is a little different than what the article/your title is implying...firearms massively overtake blunt instruments when you look at the whole picture...Your FBI link says blunt objects-496 while total firearms-8,583.

parrishsky
by Maxfield on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:01 PM
5 moms liked this

There have been 409 Americans killed by guns since the Sandy Hook shooting....

Gundeathtally

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured