Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Sometimes I want to be really mean

But I stop, think and breath and can usually stop it.  What do you do to settle down?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Replies (21-30):
AleaKat
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:09 PM
I have days when all I want to do is verbally beat someone to the point of making them cry....

I hold it in and clean instead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
survivorinohio
by René on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Quoting stacymomof2:

OP, I have never seen you be "mean."

I try to keep cool, I just put things in perspective.  I don't always succeed, sometimes it's OK to speak your mind.

I can be, but usually in a long winded way in real life an here too maybe lol.  I can really lecture and ground those kids though I assure you lol.

I often breath a bit after I say your grounded from_____  before I say for how long lol.  I want to say forever a lot lol.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

survivorinohio
by René on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting AleaKat:

I have days when all I want to do is verbally beat someone to the point of making them cry....

I hold it in and clean instead.

I used to clean a lot to overcome different stress in my  life.  Still do some, when hubby came home from the hospital last yr I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned lol.

autumn129
by AutumLeaves on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Meditate, prayer, and positive thoughts.

Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:07 AM

According to my husband...I am too blunt to not be mean.  Whatever that means.  I try to hold my tongue and be nice.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Joqui
by Joqui on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Ohio I don't think you are capable of being mean.

I think sometimes I can be a total bitch and when that moment comes on I let it happen because a lot of times I am too nice. 

I am not good at learning how to settle down and not get angry ... I find myself going from 0-100 in less than a second, something that could have happened over a year ago will set me off. I tried anger management... ok maybe for just one day but it didn't really tell me any thing I didn't already read about lol

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Depends on who it's aimed at. If it's someone who has annoyed me or been abrasive repeatedly I usually crack at some point. If it's a person whom I barely know or I don't encounter frequently I usually suck it up.

katy_kay08
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

well today, instead of being even a little mean, I'm going straight for the cookie AND an iced vanilla mocha.  I may even buy the person behind me a coffee just to help lighten my mood.  

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I usually go to humor instead of being mean, sometimes I try reason, sometimes I try killing them with kindness but I would lying if I said I've never gone to the mean side either. I'm definitely not above being mean but I do try the other things first. 

Joqui
by Joqui on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:43 AM

oooohh can i have the coffee behind you?! =)

Quoting katy_kay08:

well today, instead of being even a little mean, I'm going straight for the cookie AND an iced vanilla mocha.  I may even buy the person behind me a coffee just to help lighten my mood.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)