Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Rocklin girl drugs parents over Internet access, police say

Rocklin girl drugs parents over Internet access, police say

2 girls arrested for using sleeping pills in milkshakes

UPDATED 2:47 PM PST Jan 02, 2013
Jail

Photos

Jail
Advertising

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KCRA) -A Rocklin girl who had been denied Internet access by her parents mixed a friend's sleeping medicine into their milkshakes in order to go online while they were in the drug-induced slumber, police said.

The girl and her friend, of Roseville, were both arrested on charges of conspiracy, and willfully mixing a drug into food, the Rocklin Police Department said in a press release.

On Friday, the girl is said to have secretly put a friend's medicine into her parents' milkshake.

Police said the parents thought the milkshakes had an odd taste.

The unsuspecting parents, however, consumed about a quarter of their shakes.

Police said the parents drank enough of the milkshake for the medicine to take effect. Within an hour, they fell asleep and did not wake up until the following morning.

By drugging the parents, the two girls were then free to use the home Internet while her parents were passed out asleep.

The pair did not remember what occurred.

Through their investigation, police said the girl thought her parents were too strict because they did not allow her to access the Internet after 10 p.m.

They were booked into Placer County Juvenile Hall on Monday.

The suspects' names are not being released because of their age.

Read more: http://www.kcra.com/news/local-news/news-sacramento/Rocklin-girl-drugs-parents-over-Internet-access-police-say/-/12969376/17986884/-/31quj0z/-/index.html#ixzz2H0tGBNBD

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Replies (11-20):
katy_kay08
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

so not allowing a teenager to access the internet after 10 pm is too strict?  

You got "no real communication" and "too strict" from this article?  You must have lettered in the Long jump in school.  

Quoting gammie:

The parents testes themselves and turned them in. Good for them.

Sorry But I find this to be funny.

This is what happiness when you are way to strict and you have NO real communication. The kids end up being dumb and do the same as the kid that is allowed to running around.

Rocklin is a rich area.

gammie
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:38 AM

if the girl is afraid to ask to be on the computer when a friend is over than to me it shows that the girl can't even ask.

The rules are very important but if they don't bend then they will break.

Quoting futureshock:

Quoting gammie:

This is what happiness when you are way to strict and you have NO real communication. The kids end up being dumb and do the same as the kid that is allowed to running around.

Rocklin is a rich area.

I don't think that is being too strict.

gammie
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:39 AM

im assuming it was a weekend

Quoting katy_kay08:

You got "no real communication" and "too strict" from this article?  You must have lettered in the Long jump in school.  

Quoting gammie:

Rocklin is a rich area.

katy_kay08
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:40 AM

:|

Quoting gammie:

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting gammie:

Rocklin is a rich area.

gammie
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:41 AM

?

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting gammie:

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting gammie:

Rocklin is a rich area.

katy_kay08
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Why does the day of the week matter exactly?   Do teens need to stay up all night hanging out on the computer?  

Quoting gammie:

?

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting gammie:

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting gammie:

Rocklin is a rich area.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Rich area? No, solidly middleclass- 

Granite Bay, a neighboring town, now that is rich-

Quoting gammie:

Rocklin is a rich area.

D.O.E.
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Quoting futureshock:

Quoting gammie:

Rocklin is a rich area.

I don't think that is being too strict.

yeah i dont think so either. even at 15, 10pm is too late to be online, they should have, honestly, been in bed. 

Mrs.Greco
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:46 AM
I jut moved from Rocklin last summer. I'm not shocked by this article at all. Some of the most entitled, disrespectful brats that I haw ever met live there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Greco
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Also, jut to add to he conversation, I don't think that the Internet rule in place was too strict. Clearly, her parents didn't trust her with it....and for good reason...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)