Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Rocklin girl drugs parents over Internet access, police say

Rocklin girl drugs parents over Internet access, police say

2 girls arrested for using sleeping pills in milkshakes

UPDATED 2:47 PM PST Jan 02, 2013
Jail

Photos

Jail
Advertising

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KCRA) -A Rocklin girl who had been denied Internet access by her parents mixed a friend's sleeping medicine into their milkshakes in order to go online while they were in the drug-induced slumber, police said.

The girl and her friend, of Roseville, were both arrested on charges of conspiracy, and willfully mixing a drug into food, the Rocklin Police Department said in a press release.

On Friday, the girl is said to have secretly put a friend's medicine into her parents' milkshake.

Police said the parents thought the milkshakes had an odd taste.

The unsuspecting parents, however, consumed about a quarter of their shakes.

Police said the parents drank enough of the milkshake for the medicine to take effect. Within an hour, they fell asleep and did not wake up until the following morning.

By drugging the parents, the two girls were then free to use the home Internet while her parents were passed out asleep.

The pair did not remember what occurred.

Through their investigation, police said the girl thought her parents were too strict because they did not allow her to access the Internet after 10 p.m.

They were booked into Placer County Juvenile Hall on Monday.

The suspects' names are not being released because of their age.

Read more: http://www.kcra.com/news/local-news/news-sacramento/Rocklin-girl-drugs-parents-over-Internet-access-police-say/-/12969376/17986884/-/31quj0z/-/index.html#ixzz2H0tGBNBD

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Replies (41-47):
smurfbitebug
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Didn't feel I had to. There is a difference between being driven to do something stupid and feeling as though you "must" do it. Not only that, but when you are a teen the ramifications of putting things in people's food and/or drink is downplayed. Extremely. It's just a joke to most teens. With the rowdier kids, it's just a lark. Your friends have fast food jobs, and you don't want to know the stories. Movies geared towards teens don't make that any better, and couldn't possibly make it clearer.
Anyways, you put those facts together with lifelong restriction, and the second I smelled freedom I drugged my mother to be able to experience it.
So while I disagree with some PP's that she is probably "a good kid".. because doing something like this reveals that she is in fact not the best kid.. and, excuse my language, it takes some balls to do this.. I also don't think she is a horrible kid. Just probably a kid that hasn't had many freedoms and she did what she did to attain some. Not the best way to go about it, but that's where it stands.

Quoting gammie:

Why did you feel you had to do this?

Quoting smurfbitebug:

I also drugged my mother with painkillers when I was around that age. But in pudding. While I agree that it is a stupid, stupid thing to do *insert head shake at my younger self* I'm willing to bet she had no idea just how unlawful it was, or how serious an act it was, at the time. Clearly, I can also understand what would drive a teen to do such a thing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gammie
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Thanks for sharing.

smurfbitebug
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this
No problem. I was not the greatest kid, but I had more rules to abide by than direction in life. So if this helps some parents realize that some kids truly do need more direction than strict rules, not all kids are naturally "good kids" whether you put them on lockdown or not, then that's awesome.
Some kids aren't the most obedient. Some don't see rules as the end-all, be-all. Some are strong willed, bold, and easily bored with routine. They aren't passive about life and prefer to control their own path. And that's OK. It doesn't make them bad. It makes them different, and they need to be raised accordingly. What works for passive little Junior down the street sure isn't going to work for them.

Quoting gammie:

Thanks for sharing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Simmeringhearts
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:03 AM

This is not from being strict. This is from being a lousy parent to where the stupid ass kid thinks this is a good idea. I hope the authorities make examples out of these little brats!

Quoting gammie:

The parents testes themselves and turned them in. Good for them.

Sorry But I find this to be funny.

This is what happiness when you are way to strict and you have NO real communication. The kids end up being dumb and do the same as the kid that is allowed to running around.

Rocklin is a rich area.

gammie
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:56 AM

We don't know  if they are or not from being a strict parent! We don't have the whole story.

from my expeirance from having twins, I had a lot of kids at my home and from what I saw the kids from "very strict" family to a very liberal family the kids always did the same. Both sides end up not being able to think for themselfs.

They don't have guidness and that you only get when you sit down and talk. Both of these type of family's don't comunicate and this is the BIG problem!

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

This is not from being strict. This is from being a lousy parent to where the stupid ass kid thinks this is a good idea. I hope the authorities make examples out of these little brats!

Quoting gammie:

This is what happiness when you are way to strict and you have NO real communication. The kids end up being dumb and do the same as the kid that is allowed to running around.

Rocklin is a rich area.

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Wow... Not cool... At all!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Simmeringhearts
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:38 PM

You know, I grew up in a strict home. And I wasn't stupid enough to drug my parents! I have respect for my parents and even did back then. I have 5 kids. And I have decided not to be as strict as my parents were. I have already raised 2 of my kids to adults and they are very successful. These kids are spoiled little brats that have no respect for authority. Parents are probably pansies and only want to be "friends" with their brats. They are lucky the parents didn't die from this stupidity!

Quoting gammie:

We don't know  if they are or not from being a strict parent! We don't have the whole story.

from my expeirance from having twins, I had a lot of kids at my home and from what I saw the kids from "very strict" family to a very liberal family the kids always did the same. Both sides end up not being able to think for themselfs.

They don't have guidness and that you only get when you sit down and talk. Both of these type of family's don't comunicate and this is the BIG problem!

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

Quoting gammie:

Rocklin is a rich area.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)