Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is the phrase 'jungle fever' taboo?

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:14 PM
  • 24 Replies

'Star Wars' creator George Lucas engaged

In this May 14, 2010 photo, Filmmaker George Lucas, right, and Mellody Hobson arrive for the screening of "Wall Street Money Never Sleeps", at the 63rd international film festival, in Cannes, southern France. A spokeswoman for Lucasfilm said on Thursday, Jan. 3, 2013, the 68-year-old director is engaged to 43-year-old investment firm president Mellody Hobson. (AP Photo/Matt Sayles, File)

LOS ANGELES (AP) — "Star Wars" creator George Lucas is engaged.

A spokeswoman for Lucasfilm Ltd. says the 68-year-old director is engaged to 43-year-old investment firm president Mellody Hobson. No other details were provided.

Hobson serves as chairman of DreamWorks Animation and is a financial contributor to ABC's "Good Morning America."

Lucas helped to launch the modern blockbuster age with his "Star Wars" sagas and "Indiana Jones" adventures. The original "Star Wars" still stands as the No. 2 film in terms of tickets sold domestically, behind only "Gone with the Wind."

Lucas has three children: Amanda, Katie and Jett. He was previously married to film editor Marcia Lucas from 1969 to 1983.

Disney completed its acquisition of Lucasfilm and the "Star Wars" franchise from Lucas for $4.06 billion in cash and stock last month.

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Oh lord

frogbender
by Captain Underpants on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Whoa. George Lucas looks like a little plastic man-doll.

DivingDiva
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting frogbender:

What do you mean "looks like"?

frogbender
by Captain Underpants on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting DivingDiva:

Quoting frogbender:

What do you mean "looks like"?

LOL! I suppose he is a little plastic man-doll.

thecoffeefairy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this
His fiancé is beautiful. I'm sure she could do better, regardless of his money.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
talia-mom
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:38 PM
3 moms liked this

I hope her bridesmaids dress like Princess Leia and he has a Wookie as his best man.

Ewoks serving at the reception would be wonderful.   However, people will burn the place down if Jar-Jar Binks shows up.

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Laugh out loud moment here at the doctor's office!

Quoting talia-mom:

I hope her bridesmaids dress like Princess Leia and he has a Wookie as his best man.

Ewoks serving at the reception would be wonderful.   However, people will burn the place down if Jar-Jar Binks shows up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:53 PM
6 moms liked this
Quoting thecoffeefairy:

Hmm, on one side you'd got someone who, although successful in her own right, you primarily characterise her assets as her beauty.

On the other side you have a widely admired person, not just rich, but also very artistically gifted and creative, hard working, visionary.

And your immediate thought is "She's pretty, so she could do better."

Ugh.

That is so disrespectful of both of them.

thecoffeefairy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:41 PM
She is an intilligent, beautiful woman. He's been mocked as a sellout for years. He ruined his own legacy before selling it to Disney. If I'm being disrespectful, it's to him. He had earned it. As for commenting on her appearance, I think it's ok to be a super smart career woman AND look good doing it. By the looks of it she would agree.

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting thecoffeefairy:

Hmm, on one side you'd got someone who, although successful in her own right, you primarily characterise her assets as her beauty.

On the other side you have a widely admired person, not just rich, but also very artistically gifted and creative, hard working, visionary.

And your immediate thought is "She's pretty, so she could do better."

Ugh.

That is so disrespectful of both of them.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Quoting thecoffeefairy:

He's been mocked as a sellout for years. He ruined his own legacy before selling it to Disney.

He directed American Graffiti, wrote Willow, produced Labyrinth, acted in Men in Black, was cinematographer on Freiheit, did the music production for the first Star Wars trilogy, worked with Coppola on The Rain People.

Oh, and he's donating 4 BILLION dollars from the proceeds of the Disney sale to the charity Edutopia,

Edutopia is dedicated to transforming the learning process by helping educators implement the strategies below. These strategies -- and the educators who implement them -- are empowering students to think critically, access and analyze information, creatively problem solve, work collaboratively, and communicate with clarity and impact. Discover the resources, research, experts, and fellow Edutopia members who are changing our schools. Join us in reinventing the learning process!

Gee, what a talentless sellout.   Let's judge him by his looks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured