Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To protect them from an abusive parent, would you or would you abide by court orders?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Replies (11-19):
Lurion
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:50 PM

I knew a guy who did this--took his daughter to Central America. He got caught and was sentenced to 22 years while the coke head mother got the child back. 

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I'm a very hard person. And I've already shown it, so I didn't have to go underground. And no, I didn't go by court orders. I made it very clear to the attorneys and the judge that this is my life and this is my childrens life. Nobody was going to insist on anything rediculous regarding any of i.

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:35 PM

I would go underground for my child. no ifs ands or buts about it! 

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Yes.  I would risk jail for the safety of my kids.

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Yes I would.  My first responsibility is to my child, not to the government.  I have a friend who abided by the court order (while fighting it), knowing that her daughter had been sexually abused as a baby, which is why she left in the first place.  The excuse of a father raped his 9 year old daughter several times.  There is no way in heck Il would EVER let that happen to my child.  Of course, I would have stabbed him as another friend of mine did when she discovered what her husband had done to their infant daughter, so that custody would have been a non-issue in the first place.

Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:09 PM
It depends on the situation. Getting caught runs a great risk of the child going back to the abusive parent, exclusively.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I hope the court system would protect my children but I know that's not always the case. My step-mom took off with my half brother after she lost custody.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Quoting Jack_Squat:

It depends on the situation. Getting caught runs a great risk of the child going back to the abusive parent, exclusively.

I agree. I was just thinking that....

pittiesmom
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:37 PM
If I was going to risk jail to protect my child from an abuser, I'd take the jail time and kill the abuser. That way my child would surely be safe, even if I were locked up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured