Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many of you would say she deserved it?

Posted by   + Show Post

be thankful you have a life, and forsake your vain and presumptious desire for a second one.

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Replies (51-60):
Neuro
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Deserves to be what, raped?

No, no woman deserves to be raped for any reason. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. The victim is not to blame and it's the mentality that "the victim is to blame" that keeps a lot of women from reporting that they were raped and by extension, a lot of rapists on the street.

While I don't agree with public indecency in the least bit and while I don't condone her actions as they are just an attention/rebel ploy, she is making a good point. She still doesn't deserve it. Rape isn't always about sex, it's about power and most men would agree that you would have to be a pretty sick individual to force yourself onto an unwilling woman.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:11 AM

I'm glad that we here in American can recognize that she's not asking to be raped...too bad many other countries in the recent news claim that women are always asking for it. Showing ankles, straddling a motorcycle in a skirt, wearing above the knee skirts, how they bend over to pick something up....

DieselsMom
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:28 AM
1 mom liked this

She is asking for attention...it wont all be positive.....just because men should keep their penis' in their pants, doesn't mean we should walk around flaunting our sexuality and teasing them...

blues_pagan
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this

No she isn't asking for it.

Rape isn't about sex it is about power. Weak men who feel threatened by women are the ones who perpetrate rape. It is because that is the ultimate in power, when someone can take something like that from your without your consent. 

Women are never asking for it, even when they are walking around like this woman.  It doesn't matter if you are dressed super conservatively from head to toe you can still be raped.  This whole victim blaming culture that we have right now is so that people can feel safer, "Well it wouldn't have happened it she would have just...".  It gives us a false sense of security because it is easier to believe that the victim made some kind of mistake like dressing to provocatively or being drunk instead of simply existing.

candlegal
by Judy on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:09 AM

It is never okay to rape someone, you should still use common sense.

GOBryan
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:55 AM

She's not giving a good impression either. Besides, those who rape to care either ways. There's no morals there but when someone shows lack of moral, it makes them an easier target for them. That's the bottom line. 

There's a time and a place for everything. Want to be naked, go to a nude beach like I have in the past. 

Quoting Stephanie329:

And yet, she is not giving the impression that it's OK to rape her.

Quoting GOBryan:

And yet... she's topless in a place she shouldn't be.  

Quoting Stephanie329:

Actually, she's writing that she's not - right on her body.

Quoting GOBryan:

Only in America is being topless a big deal, however, and since it is.. if she's not at the beach and she's disrespecting herself and others by "going against the grain".. then so be it.. Of course, no one has a right to lay on hand on her but she's giving the impression that it's ok.. 

gsmom9
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:00 AM

i need another cup of coffee. i seen it was legal to expose you breasts in wi and thought brrrrrrrrrr. not today. duh... its to protect nursing mothers in public places

shannonnigans
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:03 AM
I can't make sense of your grammar but I think you're saying she is somehow immoral. Seriously?

Quoting GOBryan:

She's not giving a good impression either. Besides, those who rape to care either ways. There's no morals there but when someone shows lack of moral, it makes them an easier target for them. That's the bottom line. 

There's a time and a place for everything. Want to be naked, go to a nude beach like I have in the past. 

Quoting Stephanie329:

Quoting GOBryan:

Quoting Stephanie329:

Quoting GOBryan:

Only in America is being topless a big deal, however, and since it is.. if she's not at the beach and she's disrespecting herself and others by "going against the grain".. then so be it.. Of course, no one has a right to lay on hand on her but she's giving the impression that it's ok.. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GOBryan
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I meant that those who rape don't care either ways. Being naked in public is not a moral behavior unless she's in the proper place to be naked. Society dictates that running around naked in public places not designated for that behavior and where children can be, is not moral behavior.  So yes, seriously, it's not appropriate or moral. 

I'm not against being naked, just not where it's inappropriate. 

Quoting shannonnigans:

I can't make sense of your grammar but I think you're saying she is somehow immoral. Seriously?

Quoting GOBryan:

Quoting Stephanie329:

Quoting GOBryan:

Quoting Stephanie329:

Quoting GOBryan:

shannonnigans
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:22 AM
First, she's topless, not naked, but regardless, how is the human body in its natural ostensibly God-created state immoral?

Quoting GOBryan:

I meant that those who rape don't care either ways. Being naked in public is not a moral behavior unless she's in the proper place to be naked. Society dictates that running around naked in public places not designated for that behavior and where children can be, is not moral behavior.  So yes, seriously, it's not appropriate or moral. 

I'm not against being naked, just not where it's inappropriate. 

Quoting shannonnigans:

Quoting GOBryan:

Quoting Stephanie329:

Quoting GOBryan:

Quoting Stephanie329:

Quoting GOBryan:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured