Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

A Michigan Politician loses it on the House Floor

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:56 PM
  • 31 Replies
2 moms liked this

I 100% agree with him!

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
D.O.E.
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:35 PM

FUCKIN EH! good for him!!! i wish more politicians were like this guy. fuckin eh man!

blues_pagan
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:40 PM
2 moms liked this

I wish more politicians were like him too.  It is about time someone stood up against the right wing and their love of all things rich and corporate.

cueballsmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Good for him! That's what you have to do when things aren't right.
futureshock
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:02 PM

What is the bill about?

blues_pagan
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:04 PM

n Michigan, the Republican-controlled legislature succeeded in passing a new "right-to-work" law, which weakens unions' ability to negotiate and has serious negative implications for all workers in the state. They had no public meetings, no debate, no time for review, and had Republican staffers sit in seats in the gallery to block citizens from even being in the room to hear about it.

Quoting futureshock:

What is the bill about?

hockytwndhampyr
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

It is not all that cut and dry. The Freedom to work bill simply stated that a person can not be forced to join a union in order to work. I have known many people here in Michigan who lost their jobs due to not wanting to join the union. I have been a part of unions as well and for the most part they are a joke. Even the UAW has become a bit of a joke and most of what they do furiates my grandpa and uncle, both who are now retired from Chrysler. One thing I do agree with Rep. Dillion is they should have let more people in to hear about the bill in Lansing, not block them. 

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Quoting blues_pagan:

n Michigan, the Republican-controlled legislature succeeded in passing a new "right-to-work" law, which weakens unions' ability to negotiate and has serious negative implications for all workers in the state. They had no public meetings, no debate, no time for review, and had Republican staffers sit in seats in the gallery to block citizens from even being in the room to hear about it.

Quoting futureshock:

What is the bill about?

Thank-you.

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Boo-ya!  

That was good!  

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

The unions lost on the ballot in November, most everyone I know is in favor of this. Democrats are just worried about losing campaign funds.

LovemyQ
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Very true.

Quoting hockytwndhampyr:

It is not all that cut and dry. The Freedom to work bill simply stated that a person can not be forced to join a union in order to work. I have known many people here in Michigan who lost their jobs due to not wanting to join the union. I have been a part of unions as well and for the most part they are a joke. Even the UAW has become a bit of a joke and most of what they do furiates my grandpa and uncle, both who are now retired from Chrysler. One thing I do agree with Rep. Dillion is they should have let more people in to hear about the bill in Lansing, not block them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)