Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did your life turn out the way you thought it would when you were younger?

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:23 PM
  • 329 Replies
1 mom liked this

If not, why not?

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
futureshock
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:24 PM

I am turning 50 soon, on January 8th, so I have been thinking about things like this recently.

kidlover2
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Nope. Not even close. I was going to be a single sign language interpreter living on the beach with my dog.... I'm not single. I know sign language because I lost a lot of my hearing, no beach, & 2 cats.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:27 PM
2 moms liked this
Nope why because I always thought I would marry a rancher/cowboy and live on a big ranch instead I married a computer dork live in the 'burbs and never get time to ride.
plainjane55
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes and no. I wanted to be like my aunt, stay single never marry never have kids. So far I've only accomplished one of those. Never marry. I don't regret having kids they made me a better person.

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Quoting babyspots17:

Nope why because I always thought I would marry a rancher/cowboy and live on a big ranch instead I married a computer dork live in the 'burbs and never get time to ride.

That is similar to one of my dreams as well!  I wanted to live on a farm or ranch and have lots of horses.

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Quoting kidlover2:

Nope. Not even close. I was going to be a single sign language interpreter living on the beach with my dog.... I'm not single. I know sign language because I lost a lot of my hearing, no beach, & 2 cats.

Why not get a doggie?  I have 3 dogs and 1 cat.

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Quoting plainjane55:

Yes and no. I wanted to be like my aunt, stay single never marry never have kids. So far I've only accomplished one of those. Never marry. I don't regret having kids they made me a better person.

Why didn't you want to get married and have children?

plainjane55
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting babyspots17:

Like Ray from "Dallas"? lol

rfurlongg
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Well am not a prima ballerina with the Bolshoi, but other than that all has turned out fairly well so far. 

kidlover2
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Oh eventually... I love dogs. My SO wants to finish grad school first before we consider it. He feels like we'll be moving too much for a dog & I love Dobermans. :)

Quoting futureshock:

Quoting kidlover2:

Why not get a doggie?  I have 3 dogs and 1 cat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured