Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok, someone bumped some old posts of mine that were questions (spin offs at the time if I remember correctly) in order to help some understand what it is like to be transgender. However, I thought I would do one better and do a Q&A. Ask me anything and I will do my best to answer it. I am transgender and am married to a transgender individual. I am female to male and my wife is male to female. We have been out for over 2 years now. 

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Replies (11-20):
purpleducky
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Whether or not she has breast augmentation depends on how much growth she experiences. She has gone up to a B cup already and has been on hormones for less than a year.

Quoting smalltowngal:

Is he planning on getting fake breasts? Have the hormones increased his breast size much? I suppose that sounds a little weird to ask. :/ 

Quoting purpleducky:

We are both on hormones. We both plan on having surgery at some point. I am just hoping my surgery advances a lot more by the time I am ready for it.

Quoting smalltowngal:

Are both you and your husband on hormone treatment? I believe you've said you don't want to have surgery, since it's complicated, but what about your husband?

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:36 PM

That is a lot. I think that is bigger than me then. :)

Quoting purpleducky:

Whether or not she has breast augmentation depends on how much growth she experiences. She has gone up to a B cup already and has been on hormones for less than a year.

Quoting smalltowngal:

Is he planning on getting fake breasts? Have the hormones increased his breast size much? I suppose that sounds a little weird to ask. :/ 

Quoting purpleducky:

We are both on hormones. We both plan on having surgery at some point. I am just hoping my surgery advances a lot more by the time I am ready for it.

purpleducky
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pamelax3
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I have a very strange question. My nephew wears makeup and dresses very feminine, but says he wants to be a female, he is only 16 what is the Best way to support this? Also his mom and dad have agreed to let him start the process at the age of 16 do you think that is too young?

Debmomto2girls
by Debbie on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Is it hard to get the surgery? I'm a nurse but admit I have very little knowledge in the topic. A teenager at my dd's high school was born a girl but wants to be a boy. Dresses like a boy and changed his name to a boy. He told everyone he had surgery but as a nurse I cannot imagine a doctor performing a surgery like that in a teenager. In all honesty, my dd could have misunderstood him.

What are the requirements for surgery? Therapy?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:23 PM

So your a female to male and his male to female?
You're really just a normal backwards couple (not being rude)
Was it hard?
what made you want to change?
Have you ever had therapy?
being transgender would you consider yourself gay or straight?
Do you have kids? How did you have kids?
Do you still think like a female?
Do you try to think like a male? since your in a mans body?
Do you still feel like a female?

How does your penis work?
 what is it like when your turned on? (not trying to get personal, I just always wanted to ask a transgender person this.)

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:27 PM

What do your children call you now? Dad? Do they call your husband mom?

How does all of this work legally? Will you have to remarry? Change your names legally? When will you legally become a man and he a woman?

How has your family dealt with this? With support? Are you treated well by the community you are in? Children's teachers? Other parents? Etc?

If you don't mind my asking, how old are you? What took so long to decide to "change".

purpleducky
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:28 PM

That is not too young at all. A lot of my customers (I sell binders) are actually around that age. The best way to support your nephew is just be there for him. Ask him how he wishes to be addresses and have your phone open for phone calls.

Quoting pamelax3:

I have a very strange question. My nephew wears makeup and dresses very feminine, but says he wants to be a female, he is only 16 what is the Best way to support this? Also his mom and dad have agreed to let him start the process at the age of 16 do you think that is too young?

purpleducky
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:30 PM

It is hard to get surgery. You have to be out for so many years, be on hormones for so many years and have usually at least 2 therapists sign off on it. Each surgeon has his or her own standards but those are the general requirements. As for therapy, you just set up an appointment and go.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Is it hard to get the surgery? I'm a nurse but admit I have very little knowledge in the topic. A teenager at my dd's high school was born a girl but wants to be a boy. Dresses like a boy and changed his name to a boy. He told everyone he had surgery but as a nurse I cannot imagine a doctor performing a surgery like that in a teenager. In all honesty, my dd could have misunderstood him.

What are the requirements for surgery? Therapy?

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Are you a gay male or a straight female now? Meaning, have you always been attracted to females then and now? If your husband had not decided to become a woman, would you have remained with him as a gay male or would you have left him for a female?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured