Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Have you been affected by the flu outbreak?

Posted by   + Show Post

I keep reading headlines about the widespread flu outbreak through out the country, but I don't know a single person who has had it.  Perhaps it's worse in the Midwest and the east coast?  Was just wondering how many on this board have had the flu or have family members with the flu.  If so,  did it seem particularly bad?

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Replies (31-40):
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:36 PM

We all had the norovirus, but not the flu.

Mipsy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Many people in my area have been diagnosed with it, I live in southern AZ.

Mipsy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Yeah, I have heard many people who got the shots have still gotten the flu because there is a new strain or a particular strain they didn't put in the vaccine this last year and is the one seeming to run rampant through everyone :(

Quoting zildjans_mom:

No I didn't get one I never have. But in our paper last week it said that the flu shot is ineffective on this strain of flu :(

Quoting oddgirl:

Wow, that's horrible.  Did you get a flu shot?

Quoting zildjans_mom:

I work in a factory and 3 lines were closed the last 3 days I call it the plague lol, one of or high schools was closed a few days before Christmas break for sanitizing because of it, my dh had it but I don't yet, pretty sure I'm just a carrier and pass it off to ppl, I haven't had the flu since I was a kid. I'm in the Midwest

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:38 PM

*knock on wood* Not yet. I split my time between Washington DC and S. Texas with too many airplane rides. I keep my megadose of Vitamin C everyday and Vitamin D as well and B's and Iron. No vaccines, plenty of sunshine. So far so good.

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:39 PM

hospital ERs in this area are run amuck with it

Reepicheep.CSL
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:41 PM
I know a few people who have had the flu. Two have been hospitalized.
krysstizzle
by DeepThought on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:42 PM
No sickness here and I haven't hears of anyone personally having it. I haven't heard anything on the news either (im in southern new Mexico). The boys and I haven't been sick at all in 2 years (barring an extremely short lives ear infection); here's hoping it continues that way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jubileee
by New Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Yes unfortunately. I had what was thought a sinus infection ended up being the flu and then ds got it then dh. Dd thankfully hasn't got it yet. I'm at the tail end of it, I hope. It's been 8 days now :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eema.gray
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:45 PM
We're in CO. We don't know anybody who has gotten it yet
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
redbutterfly666
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:46 PM

nope no one in my family has

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)