Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you been affected by the flu outbreak?

Posted by   + Show Post

I keep reading headlines about the widespread flu outbreak through out the country, but I don't know a single person who has had it.  Perhaps it's worse in the Midwest and the east coast?  Was just wondering how many on this board have had the flu or have family members with the flu.  If so,  did it seem particularly bad?

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Replies (41-50):
Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Supposedly there are quite a few cases in my area but I dint think I've seen anyone that has it. I work retail so I was afraid of catching it this year but so far most everyone I work with is healthy and now of the customers seen terribly ill. There was 1 lady I saw today who looked miserable and I think she was a nurse.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CheyennesMommy2
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:00 AM
What us that?

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

We all had the norovirus, but not the flu.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Probably due to opportunistic infections, but they always want to attribute it to "the flu" because they can't pushvaccines for hospital-acquired infections or just random viruses. 

Quoting oddgirl:

Quoting Euphoric:

A lot of people at work have been out with the flu. I'm not sure where it was, but I heard 18 children have died from the flu. :(

I've seen varying numbers of pediatric related deaths, but 18 does seem to be the current number.

shannonnigans
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:29 AM
I've got a super bad cold right now. How do you differentiate between a bad cold and flu?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Not here thankfully!

But anyone else see the BBC show "Survivors"?... Scary!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:52 AM

I haven't had it, but if I do get it, it will probably be within the next 3 weeks.  For whatever reason, I only get sick once a year, and it's always in January.  I'm in California, which is one of the states it doesn't appear to be hitting as hard, but I'm sure it will be here soon enough.

sllytnkrbl
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:56 AM
I work at an OB/GYN practice and we've had a few patients with it but nothing overboard, then again we also administered hundreds of flu vaccines so the majority of our patients are vaccinated. My son had a stomach bug last week and his pediatrician wouldn't see him since he had no fever stating that she had so many flu cases she wanted to keep kids without the flu away from the office to help keep it from spreading. So I guess it's pretty widespread around me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:59 AM

My dd got the flu right when I had a newborn. I was nervous as heck! because she got the flu shot, and I got the flu shot also and felt like I got it.

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:05 AM

Here's a link explaining the differences.  I hope you feel better soon.

Quoting shannonnigans:

I've got a super bad cold right now. How do you differentiate between a bad cold and flu?

LindaClement
by Linda on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:06 AM

A new variant of Noro-virus is going around here, freaking a lot of people out and causing a lot of problems at the hospitals.

I've only had the flu once and I was convinced I would have to get better to be well enough to die. It was terrible. I hope to never have it again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured