Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Eczema: We've finally found a product we like and it works!

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:17 PM
  • 42 Replies
4 moms liked this

I know I've discussed eczema at length with many people within this group.

Begrudgingly I bought Cortizone 10 Eczema Relief and it has been amazing. Our daughter, for the first time in 2 years, is 100% eczema free and has been for a month.

Now we bathe her and lotion her up with a mild, regular Vaseline lotion and we have had no ssues whatsoever.

WOO HOO!

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LavenderMom23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:21 PM

It's good to find something that works, but don't give up on trying to discover the cause of her eczema. I almost gave up when I discover my children are prone to food allergies.

krysstizzle
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:22 PM
That's fantastic, v! I have no experience with eczema at all, but hear it can be awful. Is she a happy camper?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Quoting LavenderMom23:

It's good to find something that works, but don't give up on trying to discover the cause of her eczema. I almost gave up when I discover my children are prone to food allergies.

We went through months of agonizing food testing with trial and error with a lot of journaling and visits with our pediatrician and dermatologist. The only thing we know for sure is that heat and humidity can exacerbate it, as can the dry and cold. Heat is worse. Also, our kid is really cranky when she can't have the food she really likes to eat. = /

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Quoting krysstizzle:

That's fantastic, v! I have no experience with eczema at all, but hear it can be awful. Is she a happy camper?

In all seriousness she hasn't seemed to notice. We were more upset with her affliction then she's ever been with it. We still ournal her daily meals and snacks, as well as suppliments etc. Last year at this time her skin was horrendous.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Damn...I thought we had a coconut oil cult post....

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Quoting Woodbabe:

Coconut oil didn't work at all. Sure, it's emollient, but that was all we got out of it. We had a slick, flaky kid!

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Quoting Woodbabe:

Coconut oil didn't work at all. Sure, it's emollient, but that was all we got out of it. We had a slick, flaky kid!

ewwww.............. lol

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

nb34
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

We dealt with eczema with my first for two years too. I am glad to hear yo found the right thing for her. Dealing with my son's eczema was very difficult. Just keep moisterizing her skin to prevent it from coming back. Bath oils do wonders too. We stuck with bath oil and creamy vaseline lotion and it went away for good. 

Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this
For our DD when we finally figured out that she was allergic to poultry & eggs & cut those out of my diet, her severe eczema cleared up nicely. Now DD is 6yo, I'm not nursing, (thank goodness,) she's grown out of both of those allergies finally, but is anaphylaxis to sunflower seeds & various tree nuts. She doesn't get much eczema any longer though.

How old is your daughter? I do recommend a pediatric allergist over a simple pediatrician if you think that there are food allergies. I know that there aren't always, bt eczema is often linked with food allergies. And working with a pediatric allergist has been great. Hopefully you don't need that advice, however!

I'm so glad you've found eczema treatment. Mazel Tov!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Quoting Bookwormy:

For our DD when we finally figured out that she was allergic to poultry & eggs & cut those out of my diet, her severe eczema cleared up nicely. Now DD is 6yo, I'm not nursing, (thank goodness,) she's grown out of both of those allergies finally, but is anaphylaxis to sunflower seeds & various tree nuts. She doesn't get much eczema any longer though.

How old is your daughter? I do recommend a pediatric allergist over a simple pediatrician if you think that there are food allergies. I know that there aren't always, bt eczema is often linked with food allergies. And working with a pediatric allergist has been great. Hopefully you don't need that advice, however!

I'm so glad you've found eczema treatment. Mazel Tov!

Sadly we haven't found any pediatricians that specialize in allergies or dermatology in our area. There doctors within 5 hours of us. Before using this eczema relief lotion we were going to make plans to get her upstate for an appointment. We have also used the Tac Eucerine steroid prescribed to us and it didn't give the reief thatthis over the counter otion seems to have given to her. My MIL said my husband started to grow out of his about 4, too. So maybe it was timing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN